side effects for aubagio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

side effects for aubagio

Hi- I am 53 yrs old & have had MS for 21 yrs. I have been on Avonex first & then have been on Rebif for about 9 yrs. My neurologist wants me to try Aubagio because he feels the rebif isn't working well for me.
    I would like to get feed back on someone who has taken this for longer than 6 months. I realize it has only been in the US 6 months but has been in Europe many years. I am very nervous because of all the side effects,white blood cells,hair loss,high potassium levels, to name a few. He is also suggesting medrol dose pack which seems to have even worse possible side effects.
    Like most people I am having sight reactions from the shots & am very tired of shots. Any information anyone can give me would be greatly appreciated.

I believe the drug used i europe for psoriasis is not just the sme as aubagio.
    I have been on aubagio for two mos. along with daily antibiotics that could effect my liver.
    I have no sfx and the bloodwork comes bak normal everytime.
    I've had a course of solumedrol way back when i was hardly symptomatic, and young. It gave me tons of energy (i've read that the drug turns into sugar). Because I passed out (as I do when not lying down), they left the iv in my arm for the five days.
    The bone thinning sfx I've heard...and believe...effect those who have solumedrol often.
    Your neuro's recs sound good to me, since the injectible rebif isn't working.
    Good luck with whatever you decide and please keep us posted.
    Laura

Comment

Originally posted by Dingbat View Post
      I believe the drug used i europe for psoriasis is not just the sme as aubagio.
      I have been on aubagio for two mos. along with daily antibiotics that could effect my liver.
      I have no sfx and the bloodwork comes bak normal everytime.
      I've had a course of solumedrol way back when i was hardly symptomatic, and young. It gave me tons of energy (i've read that the drug turns into sugar). Because I passed out (as I do when not lying down), they left the iv in my arm for the five days.
      The bone thinning sfx I've heard...and believe...effect those who have solumedrol often.
      Your neuro's recs sound good to me, since the injectible rebif isn't working.
      Good luck with whatever you decide and please keep us posted.
      I was just at Neuro today. He has been speaking with my Rheumatologist. They (together) decided I need to be on Aubagio, since my arthritis is "Psoriatic Arthritis". Aubagio is NOT the same as the Psoriasis drug used in Europe, but it is "related to it".
      Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly.

Comment

Aubagio reaction

I was on Aubagio for 3 months but currently I am taking Prevalite to flush it out of my system. My blood work was fine but then the tingling and numbness in my hands and feet seemed to be getting worse. Thinking it was the usual MS stuff I just assumed it was due to that. One night I realized I couldn't even cut up my food and couldn't feel anything with my left hand, though pain-like-needles were shooting through my hand. I still gave it a couple more days and almost ended up in the ER from the sheer pain. I saw my neuro and she said I needed to get off the Aubagio and to do that you have to flush it out with Prevalite. I have 6 days to go to finish off the meds to get rid of the Aubagio. At least no hair loss or liver problems. I change neuros (my current neuro said my MS is too aggressive for her to handle) in August and I wonder what he will say about all of this. I have gone through 3 meds in less than a year. Frustrating.

Comment

I have only been on Aubagio for a month. I really can't say I've had any serious side affects...hair seems to be thinning out some but other than that it's been OK.

Comment

Fine here

I have been on Aubagio 14 mg daily for seven months. I have had no side effects.

When I spoke with MS One to One early on, they mentioned that about 13% of people experienced thinning hair betweens months 3 and 10(?) but that it went back to normal. So I guess you just have to get through those months if you are in the unlucky minority. Luckily I was not (although I had thinning hair with Accutane, so I feel your pain, you very unlucky minority).

My liver function tests have been normal. I get checked for all sorts of other stuff, since I am also in a clinical study. Everything has been normal. Oh, and I am not on a drug for the study, just taking Aubagio. I had to stop the study drug due to side effects.

Anyway, I like Aubagio so far with regards to the side effect profile. Not sure whether it is working for me, but my disease is so active that it is hard to tell.

Best of luck!

Comment

Working...
            X