Speech issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Speech issue

Yesterday I called into a radio station to chime in on the topic at hand and my suggestion was aired first. It was brief, and when I hung up, I turned the radio volume back up and heard my own voice due to the several seconds delay from Live to Aired. I was stunned, I heard my voice speaking slowly and I even slurred a little, but I don't notice it when I speak. I can't blame it on any meds, as I just took mine 10 min before the radio call, and my morning meds don't cause the effect it sounded like. I asked my husband if he's ever noticed this, he said I do it a lot. I had no idea because I feel like I'm talking like I normally do.

I see my MS Doc next week due to other MS-related issues I'm having and now I will mention this as well. Has anyone else experienced this, where you THINK you are speaking normally, but its actually noticeably slower than usual?
    Possible MS 1993, RRMS, Dx 2007, SPMS 2013. Avonex - Oct '07 - Jul '12, Gilenya - Sept '12 to May '13, Tecfidera - June '13 to present. You see things as they are and you ask why..I dream of things that never were and I ask 'Why Not?!'

I do experience some slurring of my speech no and again. It's almost as if my mouth muscles don't want to work properly...takes an effort.

Back in the late 70's when I was diagnosed hypothyroid one symptom I was dealing with was slurred speech that no one around me noticed (except me) and it took and out of town visitor to notice. Got to the doc and the hypothyroid dx was given and been on thyroid meds ever since. Fast forward to the early 2000's when the MS dx arrived. I can look back at those early days (the 70's) and recognize MS symptoms that far back...mild but there. Was the speech problem caused by thyroid or MS. Will never know but today...being on medication for my thyroid I know any speech issue is MS related.

Sorry this is rambling and hoping it makes sense.

Hope your dr will pin point the cause and find a solution for your speech issue.
    Susie

Eph 3:20-21

Comment

Working...
    X