Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Many moons, no intro...it's me musicang!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Many moons, no intro...it's me musicang!

Hello everyone!
    I have resurfaced recently in the chat room after being a sporadic visitor off and on for almost 5 years. I have been around so long that some of the big shots have managed to nudge me gently into volunteering some time here, which I am totally excited about! Hopefully, you will be seeing more of me soon in some capacity! (I know, just what you want )

If you don't know me, you should know that I come with a bit of sarcasm and a twisted sense of humor. They help me get through life with this wonderful (there goes that sarcasm ) thing called MS! I was dx in 2005 when my oldest son was 8 months old. I can't say I was completely shocked. My Mom had been dx about 9 years earlier, and she has several cousins with MS. I was not completely new to the disease.

I was happily married, teaching music to elementary and middle school children, and starting a family. I had everything and MS. I had a rough first pregnancy (only managed to gain 12lbs), but it was considered a "normal" one. Gabriel (Gabe) was 3 weeks early, but over 7 lbs, happy, and healthy! I wanted two more, but I was blessed with my dear, darling Caleb, and we decided to stop. Pregnancy #2 let me eat after the first trimester but made me exhausted. Caleb was 3 weeks early and over 7 1/2 lbs! Gave us a little scare because he had water in his lungs, but you'd never know it now! They are both extremely bright, gifted young boys. I am a proud mama!

We have moved from Michigan where they were both born to North Carolina. My husband is not the most supportive and accepting person, but that is for another day. I am no longer working and miss it dearly, but it was the best thing for my boys as fatigue is a major factor for me. 6 Mountain Dews a day only benefitted Pepsico (and that was while trying every stimulant in the book!) We have a gigantic black lab named Brutus (top weight was 115, now down to 98lbs. due to seizure meds and good exercise!) He is at a "healthy weight" according to the vet and has a huge head!! Yes, even the dog has a neuro disorder! Lol! He is my protector, though. I am on Social Security. I live for my boys. I am always around to talk and help out in any way I can (but please don't ask me to lift anything over about 10lbs unless it is a baby!)

I have physical, cognitive, and other issues, but I deal. I use crutches, a cane, a scooter, a power chair (soon I hope), furniture, walls, whatever I need to get around. I am no longer embarrassed to use these things, because I want to get where I need to go. I've figured out this is how I need to do it, and sometimes, I have to ask for help. I do what I need to in order to keep things as "normal" as possible. That may sound strange to some, but everyone's "normal" is different here in MSW!

Thanks for letting me share and nice to meet you!
    Angela aka musicang

Hi Angela,
    Welcome to the other side. No more lurking ! I read your whole post and it all made perfect sense to me. Please post often.
    I was once a lifetime musician. I don't know how you feel, but now being able to play my bass and guitars is one of the worst things that can have happened. Before MS, I played for about 45 years. I am now 54 y.o. and can't feel my fingers enough to press down the strings. I wish that I could. But I can't.
    Hope to see you here, again. Good luck

Comment

Hi Angela, welcome and look forward to following your posts on MSW. I just moved from NC to SC to be closer to family. Hope your getting adjusted to the south. I originally moved to NC from Chicago. Through away all my heavy coats. Take care Dale
      Dale in NC, dx'ed 2000, now SPMS

Comment

Hello and Welcome Angela!

Nice to have you among us!
        When I can laugh at my experiences, I own them and they don't own me!

Comment

Working...
        X