New to Forum, seeking support :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New to Forum, seeking support :)

Good morning, I have joined today because for the better part of 20 years, i have presented with MS symptoms, that come and go.
    As of present, I have every single symptom of MS, all the way down to sexual dysfunction, which in part is contributing to the end of my marriage of 20 years.
    We intend to remain friends, we have two teen children oldest is 18, youngest is 13. Th oldest in a boy, and youngest is a girl.
    In 04 had an MRI that was inconclusive. At present I have a bladder neuro stimulater in my sacral area to regulate frequency I urinate at. Which has proven to do nothing for me, even after being recently revised. I have a very severe form of Interstitial Cystitis, IC for short.
    This makes it impossible or me to under go a more updated MRI of brain, i am limited to only a CT scan.
    I am generally here to look for support and answers, and suggestions from others who have been down this road.
    i hope to sooner than later be of help to others and support them as well.
    All my Kaiser Doctors strongly suspect MS, on my symptoms alone, and imagine new neurologist will order a spinal tap. i have never had one, and truthfully somewhat frightened, and really need re-assurance.
    I am seeking disability not only for suspected MS, but mostly in part to my IC dx which makes it impossible to hold down a job, when I am constantly in severe pain from not only IC, but back issues as well, my CT of back is limited in dx as it is not as conclusive as an MRI would be, I have severe spinal stenosis among other things i can't under stand in layman's terms.
    Besides the symptoms of IC, I am currently having severe sciatica symptoms, or at least what i think is sciatica symptoms, where for the last 2 weeks i have presented with sciatica symptoms, rapidly switching sides, one day left, next day right, some days both, it is getting to the point where i am having great difficulty driving my car. This is leading my doctors to suspect MS.
    Where typically sciatica presents in your lower extremities only, as that is where the sciatic nerve originates from, so i am perplexed as to why what ever side the sciatica decides to be on for that day, why the entire side is effected from neck to feet?
    Any feedback would be greatly appreciated, as right now i am totally at my wits end with every thing coming at me a once
    God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change; courage to change the things I can; and wisdom to know the difference.

Hello and Welcome gloobylube!

I'm sorry you're having to go through so much! Hopefully your doctors will get answers soon. Being in limbo is no fun.

I'm glad you found us though! You'll find tons of information here from people who are, or have been going through similar issues.

Feel free to browse the forums and post any questions you may have. We're here for each other, for information, support and caring. Welcome to the bunch!
    When I can laugh at my experiences, I own them and they don't own me!

Comment

Hi gloobylube, You came to the right place. We are all here for one another. You'll find good support and information here and a good place to vent when you need to. Take care and do your best to relax during the diagnostic process. Dale
      Dale in NC, dx'ed 2000, now SPMS

Comment

I had a spine problem, which was listed on hospital paperwork as sciatica. I underwent an operation to fix a bulging disc. So sciatica pain can mean different things. I am not a doctor, so I don't know the exact definition. But if you have back pain that continues down your legs, you could benefit from an visiting orthopedic facility with experienced doctors and surgeons. This kind of pain could lead to bowel, bladder and other problems. Good luck

Comment

My problems started in my lower back. My day had started normally, I was making coffee and all of a sudden I felt like my back gave out on me. I couldn't walk.

Doctors said I had a few small hernias and they would heal. I went to chiropractor, physio, etc. After 2 years, my sports medicine doc couldn't figure out why I still wasn't walking.

After a spinal MRI came out ok, he said he had eliminated any reason he could think of. At this point, I'd been in pain for 2 years, lower back mostly then into pelvis and down the leg. Sometimes the pain would shift to my right side. No amount of narcotics would even lower the pain. I cried for 2 years.

When I mentioned that sometimes it felt like someone had poured cement in my body and I couldn't even lift a foot, he said my problems sounded more neurological.

I was given Lyrica for neurological pain, and within a few days, I was almost pain free. I'm still unable to walk but I'm not spending my days crying from pain anymore.

When suffering from back pain and sciatica, all options need to be investigated.

I understand the pain you're going through. Please insist on getting thoroughly checked out.
          When I can laugh at my experiences, I own them and they don't own me!

Comment

Working...
          X