Hello

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello

I've decided to introduce myself. I am 46 year old, married women with five children, age 26 to 11 and two of the most adorable grandchildren, both 2, a boy and a girl. They are siblings, not twins. I will leave it at that.

I was told in 07 that I had MS by my pcp, who referred me to a neurologist that felt like I was a waste of his time. He said that he would prescribe elavil for pain, but wrote in my notes that I admitted to being depressed, not!

Several years later, after having random pains, numbness, jolts that I tried very hard to ignore. I came back to my most annoying symptoms which was facial/eye spasms and twitching. It was bad enough for a couple of weeks to move my sunglasses on my face. My DH kept telling me that he didn't notice anything which really made me crazy.

He later admitted that he didn't want to hurt me or my feeling by saying that he did. I would say that is a real "special way" to handle it.

Second neuro said that it was benign faccilations (sp) even though the mri showed lesions (2) consistent with MS, also it showed a pineal gland cyst. I had an mri for the next several years to monitor the cyst only. Second or third mri showed hat I was told was another "tiny" spot that I did not need to worry about. hammy

I had sensation of having tight socks on feet and lower legs, pins and needles, etc. thru out this time and tried really hard not to focus on it.

I was also dealing with back and neck issues that was my focus for a while.....until the dreaded headaches and face pain started. The right side of my face was sore even to the touch and with a severe headache. My poor husband had never seen me so closed off. I demanded that he and the kids stay away, stay quiet and keep out.

Hubby insisted that I go to the doctor. But after finally getting off the doctor train, I was reluctant even with incredible pain. I had him go get a blood pressure kit to see if the pressure in my head was noticeable in any way, then I would go.

Blood pressure was normal. I stayed on the couch til the next day, when toward the end of that day it went away. The following week headache came back with face tenderness, ear sore to touch, by the time it happened the third time, this time just rawness on the side of my face and around my eye.

I made an appointment to a neurologist, expecting to get some relief from migraines. He took my history went sent up red flags and did my exam, red flags, mri of brain and neck and was diagnosed.

After reviewing my doctor notes and mri's he thought that I should have been formally diagnosed in 07. There were changes on three mri's.

I wanted to start with galena as I had already done injections for my arthritis condition and was not a fan, but due to insurance was unable to and started copaxone.

I am sort of on hold for that until I get some testing done for muscle pain and weakness that I don't think is related to MS. Although I plan to call neuro to let him know about this pain.

Does anyone else have sore muscles with severe tenderness that is MS symptoms? My pain is in my right arm and leg....any ideas or suggestions?

Tia, wanted to welcome you to the site. Alot of good people here with much experience. I'm sure there's someone who has had a similar symptom that can help you with your question. Take care Dale
    Dale in NC, dx'ed 2000, now SPMS

Comment

Thanks for the welcome dale.

Comment

Hi Tia and welcome to MSWorld!! Thanks for sharing your story with us. Many people here experience the muscle pain and weakness as you do. If you do an advanced search here you will find many posts that describe this. Your doctor can prescribe medication to help, so it's good to hear that you will see him for this. Good luck on this journey.

I'm happy you have lots of family around for support. We offer wonderful support here too as your online family!

Take care of yourself and come back often
        1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
        Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Working...
        X