Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New here

My name is Debbie
    Diagnosed in December, long story short, March 2012 severe neck issues, led to MRI's and cervical neck surgery, have been dealing with fatigue, had hearing loss between March and August, forehead paralysis and hardest of all, cognitive impairment. MS doctor, could not, understandably dx me because of lack of physical symptoms. (looking back, we are not wondering if a hidden lesion caused my neck issues). However he noticed cognitive issues so he had me tested and that is where I flunked.

He ran all tests that excluded all other metabolic and infectious diseases and diagnosed me. I Started copaxone at his urging a month ago. I am filing for disability, beside my memory, my neck surgery has done nothing good and I am dealing with that. I am going through depression over this, as I am 48 and to hear my doctor say I am too young for dementia therefore it is MS is overwhelming. BUT my life is not over, I have 2 wonderful daughters, one who is attending LSU in the fall and the other will be a sophomore and still at home to keep me as sane as a 15 year old can if that is possible!!! My husband works out of state 3 hours away but we know it is time for him to come home. My life is blessed by the good Lord and I have such wonderful support of family and friends and I have the opportunity for counseling etc. so all will be good!!
    Thank you

Hi Debbie

You got it right...continue to count your blessings..husband and 2 daughters...you probably have many caring friends too.
    Glad you joined us ..Take care ...
    Susan......... Beta Babe since 1994....I did improve "What you see depends on where you're standing" from American Prayer by Dave Stewart

Comment

Also newly diagnosed and counting my blessings. Enjoy everyday as it comes.

I was also prescribed copaxone. Are you having any issues with the shot?

Comment

Copaxone

Tia,
        I have no issues with it at all. I have become a pro in no time.. LOL

Comment

Hi Debbie, welcome to the site. Glad to hear that you have a good support system at home, that's so important. You can also come here and talk to people that understand. Take care of your self, Dale
          Dale in NC, dx'ed 2000, now SPMS

Comment

Hello and Welcome Debbie!

I'm so sorry you're having such a difficult time. It does seem like you have a good support system in place.

I'm glad you found us, but not the reason for it. We're a great bunch and we're here for each other.

We're a great site for information and support. Post any question you may have, or if you just need to vent.

We have games in the arcade section to help us maintain certain functions. We also have chats. Feel free to browse the site. It's quite an education to read through the posts.

Keep in touch and let us know how you're doing!
            When I can laugh at my experiences, I own them and they don't own me!

Comment

Welcome Debbie, sorry you're feeling so bad. This site has lots of info and compassionate people. Glad you have a great support system at home too!
              Jen
              RRMS 2005, Copaxone since 2007
              "I hope to be the person my dog thinks I am."

Comment

Hi! and welcome to every one here.My name is Alex I am new here recently diagnosed.It will be very good to share and discuss here.
                Thanks to all.
                mindblue

Comment

Hello and Welcome Cowboyy!
                  When I can laugh at my experiences, I own them and they don't own me!

Comment

Welcome Debbie. There are a lot of great people here willing to share their experiences.

Good luck with the Copaxone. There is a thread all about Copaxone and a lot of good info.

Bree

Comment

Working...
                    X