Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coping

Hi!
    My name is Max. I was diagnosed 37 years ago following the birth of our daughter. Went into remission and was able to rear my daughter as a single parent and work as a primary schoolteacher for 32 of those years. Unfortunately, I had a relapse following retirement in 2010. Wheelchair bound for now. Have wonderful family and friend support!
    MaxPax

Hello and Welcome Maxine!

I'm glad you've found us, but sorry about the reason.

Im happy you have a good family support system. I am mostly bed bound but I do get in my wheelchair a few times a day.

Being wheelchair bound is not fun but may not be permanent so don't lose hope.

Are you being followed by a neurologist?

Don't be shy about posting, people here are kind and caring, and knowledgeable! We're all in this together!
    When I can laugh at my experiences, I own them and they don't own me!

Comment

Hi Max and welcome to your new "MS family" . It's wonderful hearing that you were able to raise your daughter and work all those years despite MS. I hope you can fully enjoy your retirement years - I know I have.

Please come back often, explore the boards, ask questions and share more of your story and concerns. In addition to the message board, we also have a chat room. Here is a link with schedules - http://msworld.org/chatroom_info

Take care!
      1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
      Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

hi!

so sorry that you're stuck in wc
        no fun! but thank God someone invented them.
        glad the MonSter stayed away for so long. don't give up now though.
        as a preschool teacher i was stuck in a wc for 2 yrs. when i had to 'give it up' and no longer working the stressful 40 plus hrs a wk. i started getting better. am now able to walk w/ just a cane and don't even use it indoors if i can reach furniture or wall (more balance & numbness than anything)

keep a good attitude and take care of yourself.
        i had to re-evaluate and find new ways to be happy & useful.
        it's an adjustment, but hang on!

God bless ya!
        "All things are possible for those who believe." Jesus

Comment

Coping

Originally posted by CaroleL View Post
          Hello and Welcome Maxine!

I'm glad you've found us, but sorry about the reason.

Im happy you have a good family support system. I am mostly bed bound but I do get in my wheelchair a few times a day.

Being wheelchair bound is not fun but may not be permanent so don't lose hope.

Are you being followed by a neurologist?

Don't be shy about posting, people here are kind and caring, and knowledgeable! We're all in this together!
          Yes, I am . He's at Northwestern University Hospital in Chicago. Thanks! It's great to message with others who understand!
          MaxPax

Comment

Working...
          X