Greetings!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greetings!

Hello all, let me start by expressing my gratitude of finding a place to just spill out my thoughts and feelings,

I have been diagnosed with remitting-relapsing MS almost 4 years ago, and I usually suffer from 2-3 attacks yearly, I am 28 years old, single, and I am on Rebif – Interferon shots,
    4 years ago, I was on a business trip to Italy, specifically Milan, its a wonderful city that I couldn't enjoy for more than 5 days since my vision was doubled! and i started to feel noxious, which was then diagnosed to be an Optic Neuritis . I was instructed to go back home, which is in Amman, Jordan (Middle East), where it took me 9 doctors opinions and 4 MRIs to know what is wrong with me,

To spare you the boring details, I was employed at one big company, one of the Big4 Accounting companies, who figured out my condition since our trip to Milan, after that and when I was back to the office, I was treated with a special treatment all the time, by the managers and colleagues, and I was spared the travelling (which I truly love) because of my condition, you see I could not avoid telling my employer that I have MS, and this is my advice; do not share it with your employer.

So i had enough of the "special treatment" and I resigned, moved to another Big4 Accounting Company, where I am facing different kinds of problems; after 4 years of living with MS, I have created a new lifestyle for me to survive, always have a smile on my face and have a joyful state of mind, some of the "methods" are to stop working at 9 hours (helps me deal with fatigue), being socially active (includes socially drinking, smoking) which helps me avoid being depressed, but the point is I am suffering from Cognitive Symptoms; I forget names/information, find difficulties in studying and making new memory, which is an essential part for my career progress, and I lose concentration very easily and very often, which is a drastic thing for my day-to-day work tasks,

I would really appreciate if anyone here shares a thought, or even an experience of how to help curing or improving cognitive issues,
    I feel like sharing a lot of experiences that I had during the last 4 years, I tried to summarize it, thank you so much for your time everyone, and I will be sharing more

Thank you,
    Ibrahim
    A smile and a positive attitude Bring it on MS

Hello and Welcome Ibrahim,

I'm also glad you found us. This is a wonderful place to share and ask questions. We also have chat rooms.

I've somewhat improved my cognitive issues with Vitamin B12. I've enrolled in luminosity.com, they have brain exercises specially for this, but they make them seem like games. There is a fee though!

I do a lot of crosswords and word games. There are also games on this site to help with specific problems.

I suggest reading through many posts, you're certain to learn stuff! I've learned more on here than I have from my doctors. Everyone one here is helpful, kind and caring!

Don't be shy to post any questions or concerns you may have.

Be well!
    When I can laugh at my experiences, I own them and they don't own me!

Comment

Hi Ibrahim and welcome to this site and thank you for sharing some of your story. I had to quit work about 3 years ago, I regret it but it was the right thing to do. It sounds like your your going forward and thats great. Let us know how your doing. Take care Dale
      Dale in NC, dx'ed 2000, now SPMS

Comment

Greetings to you, Ibrahim and Welcome to MS World. Nice to hear from someone across the world

The National MS Society here in the US has a great reputation for relevant information. If you try this link it will take you to a page that has links about cognitive problems. The one link called Solving Cognitive Problems lists all sorts of tips for helping you. http://www.nationalmssociety.org/sea...start=0&num=20

Sounds like you have a great attitude. It will carry you far on this journey. Come back often to visit!
        1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
        Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Thank you

Thank you all for your kind words and good guidance, I honestly spend good 2 hours daily researching for new updates on MS, I am more than thankful that I am still at the early stages and hope it won’t progress by time with the help of Rebif or any other medication,

I have learned by time some conditions that might trigger an attack / episode;

- Excessive heat; such as hot baths, or being exposed to extreme weather conditions, and unfortunately our area is very dry and temperature can reach up to 60 degrees celecius,

- Rough and long exercises and hardworking; they multiply fatigue which triggers an attack,

- Smoking; its a risk factor, and unfortunately I am a smoker (trying to quit),

These are the conditions I suffer from on a daily basis, trying to control them as much as I can,

My doctor once told me that the Cortisone drip by IV is suspected to have good impact on MS, so I take a shot from time to time (3 months or so), this might be terribly wrong but there's no harm in trying, I think

I wish you all well and the best of health,
          Thank you
          Ibrahim
          A smile and a positive attitude Bring it on MS

Comment

Working...
          X