new but not to ms!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new but not to ms!

Hey! My name is Kellie and I've had MS since 2003 diagnosed when I saw 17. Soon to be 27 and still going strong!! I've been taking copaxone since 2005. I'm from New Jersey now living in Manhattan enjoying my life as much as possible! I once got "laid off" from a job in 2006 bc of my MS. They found out I was sick and that Friday fired me. I do not have all the feeling in my right arm and leg after a relapse in 2005. I was at 75% and from working out and swimming I'm about close to 90%. I currently clean apartments in NYC which is horrible at times but it pays the bills until I can get a real job with health insurance. I guess that's it for now!
    Fighting MS since 03.
    NYM & NYG & NYR & NYK

Hello and Welcome Kellie!

Glad you found us here at MSWorld. Feel free to read the boards and join the chats.

Don't be shy to post any questions you may have. People here are great and very knowledgeable. Oh, and did I mention fun too!

Carole
    When I can laugh at my experiences, I own them and they don't own me!

Comment

Hi Kellie

Welcome! you certainly are a hard worker! Hope you find a job with insurance benefits soon..
      Take care
      Susan......... Beta Babe since 1994....I did improve "What you see depends on where you're standing" from American Prayer by Dave Stewart

Comment

Thanks! I can't wait to make new friends here!! : )
        Fighting MS since 03.
        NYM & NYG & NYR & NYK

Comment

Hi Kellie, I really admire the way you are pushing your way through. What a great attitude. I could take lessons from you. There's alot of good people here and good information. Take care Dale
          Dale in NC, dx'ed 2000, now SPMS

Comment

Originally posted by dalechilders51 View Post
            Hi Kellie, I really admire the way you are pushing your way through. What a great attitude. I could take lessons from you. There's alot of good people here and good information. Take care Dale
            Thanks Dale! trust me it wasn't easy at first. I went through a period of denial for the first couple of years. Then I just accepted that this was going to be my life from now on. I've been happier ever since. I use to worry about all the small things and now I just cannot be bothered by them
            Fighting MS since 03.
            NYM & NYG & NYR & NYK

Comment

Working...
            X