HOMELESS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HOMELESS

AS OF JUNE 1 I WILL NOT LONGER HAVE A HOME (FORECLOSURE) I NOT ONLY HAVE MS BUT AM BLIND IN LEFT EYE WITH SOME PROBLEMS IN RIGHT EYE. I AM SUPPOSED TO BE RECEIVING SPOUSAL SUPPORT PAID FROM MY EX-HUSBAND'S PENSION, NYCPENSION FUND WILL NOT SEND THE MONEY. IF THEY HAD I WOULD HAVE BEEN ABLE TO SAVE MY HOME. NEED LEGAL HELP AND FAST. THANK YOU.

Call your local chapter of the National Multiple Sclerosis Society. They might be able to give you some leads for legal aid and housing. Also call your local Legal Aid Society. The New York state Attorney General's office might be able to help you with the pension fund. I wish you good luck!

Comment

Hello and Welcome Annie Rose!

I'm so sorry you're having to go through this. MSer102 gave you good advice.

We're also here to support each other so don't be shy to post any questions you may have.

I hope you get help soon. Good luck to you!
      When I can laugh at my experiences, I own them and they don't own me!

Comment

Hi Annie Rose, like MS isn't hard enough to deal with life dumps even more on us sometimes, I agree with MSer102 and CarolL follow through with those contacts and get the help you need. Take care and let us know how things are going. Dale
        Dale in NC, dx'ed 2000, now SPMS

Comment

Hi Annie Rose, I wish there was a different reason for writing this though.
          You say in your post that the NYCPENSION fund will not send your money. I have found with rotten things like this if you call or write a news paper usually they will pick up the story and make sure they know all the details
          (I AM SUPPOSED TO BE RECEIVING SPOUSAL SUPPORT PAID FROM MY EX-HUSBAND'S PENSION, NYCPENSION FUND WILL NOT SEND THE MONEY. IF THEY HAD I WOULD HAVE BEEN ABLE TO SAVE MY HOME. NEED LEGAL HELP AND FAST.)
          I would also call NYC's mayor's office and tell them I was going to the press even if I had to borrow the money for the ads myself Bad press is one thing politicians really do not like. GRRRR. I think I need my B.P. medicine now. I wanted to say good luck but instead I am saying go get them!!!!
          Tortis

Comment

New York State and Local Retirement System, Office of the State Comptroller web site:

www.osc.state.ny.us/retire/portal.htm

I would contact the NY State Comptroller's office for info about filing a complaint against the NYC Retirement plan and the failure to distribute disability retirement funds from your spouse's account. I would include info about your MS, blindness, pending forclosure due to failure to distribute funds due to you.

Document dates, times, names, contact info like direct phone numbers and/or email's of individuals you talked with and get a date they will contact you with info to resolve your problem. Immediately contact individuals who fail to contact you on the agreed upon date/time as promissed.

Take good care and Best of luck to you.

Comment

Working...
            X