Aubagio and Menstrual Cycle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aubagio and Menstrual Cycle

Okay, this question would only be for the girls .

I am 38 years old and my youngest child is 6 years old. I had him by C-Section and while they were in there I had them tie my tubes.

I started Aubagio 22 days ago. I am now 10 days late on my period. I am usually pretty regular on my cycles, maybe a day or two late/early every so often, but usually right on.

I wasn't sure if this was due to the meds, or if maybe my cycle was trying to sync up with my daughters.

Has any one else had this happen?

If I were you I'd take a pregnancy test just to ease your mind, and then I'd assume it's either the Aubagio or a fluke. Definitely take one before your next pill even though you can be all but certain you're not pregnant.

I have an IUD, and alost never have a period. On Rebif/Avonex, I spotted every month. So far on Aubagio, nothing. I can't speak to whether Aubagio messes with your cycle or not, but it wouldn't be unheard of for a medication to do that. Maybe your neuro can clarify that aspect?

Comment

My doctor told me that any of the MS medicines can fool with hormones and goof up a menstrual cycle.

Comment

Working...
      X