MS Hug and Reflux?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MS Hug and Reflux?

Has anyone else wondered if they are related?

My reflux started about the same time I started experiencing the Hug. I am just curious if the squeezing I feel from the hug could be causing the reflux?

Last year when my symptoms started to escalate, I did have a lot of what I considered acid reflux. I would also get some "fluttering" in my throat that I just couldn't explain.

My doctor ordered an EGD and all looked good.

I was instructed to take Prilosec and follow an anti-reflux diet. I tried the Prilosec for a while and it didn't help so I quick taking it. After a while, the symptoms went away on their own.

The month prior to the EGD testing, I did experience (I think) the MS hug. It was very obvious and painful and not the typical discomfort I would feel in my chest / back.

Looking back, I now attribute my symptoms to my possible MS. (I saw "possible" because I haven't officially been dx'd.

Comment

My first really bad symptom before being DX'd was the Hug. It went on for weeks. But anyway I still have it a lot especially when I get upset, overly tired or stressed.

I have the same feeling of acid reflux, pain from my sternum to my backbone. My heart flutters, I get short of breath and can't breath. I have been checked for Heart Disease, COPD, Hiatial Hernia etc.

One Dr even told me it was because my diaphragm was becoming paralyzed due to diabetes neuropathy and there was nothing that could be done. He literally sent me home to die! (that's another story)

Anyway I found my best treatment was a .5mg of Lorazepam and laying down in a quiet spot. Helps me every time !
      Sissy

Comment

Yes, yes, yes! And I was hiccupping from merely laughing and it wouldn't stop. The MS hug tricked me into thinking my asthma was very bad. I would go for a lung capacity test and would come out with flying colors, 90% or better! If I knew then what I know now.........
        Dx: 2/3/12. 6-8 lesions right medulla/cervical spine. GLATIRAMER ACETATE 40 mg 1/19, medical marijuana 1/18. Modafinil 7/18, Women's multivitamin, Caltrate + D3, Iron, Vitamin C, Super B Complex, Probiotics, Magnesium, Biotin.

Comment

Working...
        X