Low WBC count with Rebif?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Low WBC count with Rebif?

I have been on Rebif for 4 years and have done great but now all the sudden my White Blood Cell count has dropped to 2.6. Doctor is going to do bloodwork again in two week and if low he wants me to switch to the pill G I believe.

Has anyone ever done just two shots a week and maybe this would help with the wbc count?

Just asking because I did that with Betaseron and never had a bloodcount problem.

Cutting down to 2 shots a week might help the white blood cell count but it might cut the effectiveness of the medicine by a third since your going to be taking less medicine. If your not going to take enough medicine for it to be effective then what's the point of staying on it? Maybe it might be better to switch to a different medicine?

Comment

I had low WBC, low PLTS, and low RBCs on it. Had to go off of it and switch to Tysabri. It happens on the interferons, and you have to go off of them. Good that you can go on G. Let us know how it goes.

Lisa
      Moderation Team
      Disabled RN with MS for 14 years
      SPMS EDSS 7.5 Wheelchair (but a racing one)
      Tysabri

Comment

copaxone

Your condition indicates neutropenia. How about replacing rebiff with copaxone? Ask your neuro if that helps.
        Andrea.G.Wolford

Comment

When I was on Rebif for a few months I started running low grade fevers, weight loss, and my bloodwork was looking worse and worse. Stopped Rebif and my blood work slowly returned to normal range. Started on Tysabri. Talk with your neuro....you have options
          Eileenb
          "If it is to be it is up to me" Gertrude Tyne

Comment

No but I had a blood count drop as well, more than once. My Neuro always said to stop taking it for awhile. I am curious though - Why did you switch from Betaseron to Rebif? Because I'm thinking of switching to Betaseron myself. I haven't taken Rebif since September of last year because I found flakes in the syringes.

Comment

Working...
            X