Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greetings from Buffalo, NY! My name is Kate, I am a mother of three very active children! On February 1st of this year received my diagnosis of MS. Since that day I have started with my infusion therapy and tonight, will start Copaxone for the first time Anyone have any advise for me as to what to expect?

Hi Katie and welcome!

I have been on Copaxone for just over 8 years now and it has become a habit like brushing my teeth.

Good luck!
    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    Anonymous

Comment

Thank you so much for the info! I am just so nervous. I never minded shots, but have never given one to myself. Unsure if I will be able to do it!

Comment

It is nerve wracking at first but you can definitely do it.

I am thankful that we are fortunate enough to have treatment options now and actually try to embrace the injections. They are my power as I attempt to fight back against this miserable disease.

Let us know how you make out.
        He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
        Anonymous

Comment

Kate136: I took Copaxone for many years and loved it. The shots themselves are easy enough to get used to. Like JulesA said, they become second nature. If you are using your Injector Pen you won't even notice the needle, or feel it for that matter. It stings afterward, but that is just the nature of the medication, not the needle itself. You can use either heat or ice to calm the stinging, you will find what works best for you.

Otherwise, Copaxone has hardly no side effects. You don't feel bad after you take it like you do after the interferons. You chose a good one.

Wishing you well.

Let us know how it goes.
          Look around the boards, post questions and answers, and check out our chat rooms too!

Take care
          Lisa
          Moderation Team
          Disabled RN with MS for 14 years
          SPMS EDSS 7.5 Wheelchair (but a racing one)
          Tysabri

Comment

Kate136: I don't have experience with any DMDs -- just wanted to wish you well with your first injection.

There are a lot of great people here wiling to share their experiences and tips.

Bree

Comment

Hello and Welcome Kate!
              When I can laugh at my experiences, I own them and they don't own me!

Comment

1st time injection

Thank-you all for your comments! My first experience with the Copaxone went well! I ended up not using the pen - I preferred doing it myself. Ended up injecting myself in the stomach for the first time as that was the one place I was most worried about! Was so amazed that not only did I do it - but was not as bad as I thought it would be. Only side effect that I had was the burning and itching - which did not last long! Thank you all for your support - Could not have done this without you! I CAN do this

Comment

Working...
                X