Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rebif and prednisone

Hello,
    I had posted eariler that after two months I started getting fairly bad flu symptoms that motrin or naproxen don't cover. So I emailed my doctors office and she prescribed 5 mg prednisone one hour before shot. I tried it today and so far so good! I have never heard and couldn't find anything online about it. Has anyone been prescribed prednisone pre shot? She wants me to try if for a month.
    Thanks
    Jill

Originally posted by sulgrifjewls View Post
    Hello,
    I had posted eariler that after two months I started getting fairly bad flu symptoms that motrin or naproxen don't cover. So I emailed my doctors office and she prescribed 5 mg prednisone one hour before shot. I tried it today and so far so good! I have never heard and couldn't find anything online about it. Has anyone been prescribed prednisone pre shot? She wants me to try if for a month.
    Thanks
    Jill
    I only ever took Prednisone during a flare up, but I did find that Acetaminophen seemed to control the side effects of the Rebif better than Ibuprofen or other NSAIDs. I'm not sure why, but it did...

Comment

I've read on a couple of message boards that a couple of people's doctors prescribed a little prednisone as a pretreatment med so I guess its being done just not very often. Even a little bit of prednisone adds up over time so you have to remember to watch out for side effects.

Comment

Working...
      X