Oh my ty[ping!!! Cab you read>

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh my ty[ping!!! Cab you read>

I jsut finished typung a recipe onto a database and whazt a pain. This is a examplke of what my fingers do without using the backspsce to correccct . IT take s me so oong to write anything wutgh my numb fingers., at least my fingers get exerciseees!! Can you rdecifer whaawt i'm saying here/ Actually it
    's kind of funny does anyone else have wthis problem?????????? (oops my finger got sutck with the questionns makr.) maybe i have a bit of dylexia too? Abntywaym here is rhe recipe - it took me forever! REecipe is tood,m my the way! Ejoy!!

Bittersweet Chocolate-Banana Moussse Dessert

1 c chocolate chips
    1 10oz box silken tofu (soft)
    2 large ripe bananas
    1 tsp vanilla extract
    2-3 T light brown sugar
    1 tsp raspberry vinegar

Melt chocolate in microwave at low power. Place tofu and a handful of banana chunks in a blender and begin to puree. Gradually add remaining banana, processing between additions to make sure it all whips up smoothly. Add the vanilla, sugar, salt and vinegar as you go. Pour in the melted hot chocolate scraping in every last bit. Puree one more time till smooth and uniform. Transfer mousse to serving bowls, cover and chill for at least 2 hours. Makes 4-6.
    1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
    Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Lol Seesha!

I also have problems typing, but not like you. Whenever I write something, I go over it because of the autocorrect. It assumes it knows what I want to write. I tend to add extra letters here and there. My fingers have a mind of their own!

Your recipe sound yummy!
    When I can laugh at my experiences, I own them and they don't own me!

Comment

can relate!!!!!!!!

the backspace button is my best riend except when i hit \\\\ instead of it! i'm trying to not correct meyself right now so you can see that you're not the only one but my fingers are doing ok right now.
      should have seen it this weekend. actucally i didn't get on much because m fingers between MS and arthritis were hurting something awful.
      my hands have been numb long before dx. at least part of them. on of my 15, make that 3 of, no 4 of my 15 surgeries were for my numb hand/ arms.
      did surgery on left & right arms for ulnar nerve (funny bone) ANDA carpal tunnel on left hand. he wanted to do right at the same time ALSO?@! not! (that isn't a cuss word, just typo")

as it was i wouldn't schedule surgery until my mom was able to xocome . 2 toddlers and not able to use my hands/ arms at all. not possible, but being poor and offered 12 ugh! half price if done at same time we went for it.
      didn't think it thru. think bathroom and eating and you'll understand why i wanted no , needed mey momma

at supper table she put me between DH and dad. the idea was they waould feed me while she took care of the kids. ha! i hd to beg to be fed.
      look on the bright side! at least we can stil l use our hands even tho they feel like we have several pairs of gloves on.

can you imagine what it would be like with a manual typewriter and no whiteout!?

thank God for technoclogy esp backspace bar and auto correct

thanks for the laugh that we're not alone!

any other bracve ones out there to really type without editing (nothing dirty tho- we are mods here)

IF YOU CAN LAUGH AT YOURSELF, LET US IN ON THE JOKE TOO!!
      we're all in this together and many have same sxs that we do't share enar oops, near eanough= see?

releaaaaaaaaa umm, relax and be yourself!

God bless ya'll
      "All things are possible for those who believe." Jesus

Comment

OMG!

And I thought I had cog fog before! LMBO!!!

Comment

Glad to see you still are maintaining your humor, hun!!
          Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly.

Comment

i have problems with typing too but not because my hands are numb. i keep gettiiing annoying flicks and twitches in my hands that mean i mist hit the keys a lot- tonight its not to bad, or at least not a th e moment but sometimes i really have trouble controlling them. i found for some time using one of the curved ergonomic keyboards helped- i think because they allow a little extra space between keys!! sadly mine died (i drowned it really) i had a cup of coffee and my hand jerked spilling coffee on it one time too often! at present i could only afford a $10 basic replacement not $100++!

i can laugh about it most of the time too, not if i were putting on eye makeup though- thats more like a shooting sport! i don't wear make up anymore but i would still volunteer to do it for a friend if they weree really game!!

iguess worst comes to worst i go back to using dragon instead of typing, infact i start a new part time job and may have too - they are getting me a curved keyboard and if that is not enough then it will be dragon or soething similar

Comment

I dont werar makeup anymore either. Especially because I have to take my glasses off then i font see a thing. plus the hands shaking...not a good idea.

I have a hard time in the bath because I never remember which bottle is shampoo and which is cream rinse. All bottles look the same with my glasses off.

(OK, so I wrote that last paragraph while looking out the window. I did better than when I look at the screen)

Comment

Glad that I'm not alone! I should look into Dragon speak someday- thanks for the reminder, kebsa. And where do I find autocorrect on the computer? I could really put that one to the test!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Seasha View Post
                  Glad that I'm not alone! I should look into Dragon speak someday- thanks for the reminder, kebsa. And where do I find autocorrect on the computer? I could really put that one to the test!!!
                  I use Dragon NaturallySpeaking exclusively for using my computer because I can no longer type or use my hands. At this point I am not able to use a smartphone although I have attempted to find some way that this would be possible. I have found a Bluetooth hands-free set up to use with an iPhone or android phone but cannot afford this Bluetooth.
                  Diagnosed in 1972, had 1st attack in 1951.
                  This message typed using Dragon NaturallySpeaking. The only way to go if you can no longer keyboard.

Comment

Thanks Bismarck Bob. Here it is months later and still I haven't looked into Dragon. My fingers, especially on my left hand, are becoming worse. Typing is becoming torturous. The only benefit I see is that it is a finger exercise however hard that it is.

Do you, or anyone else have a recommendation for where I can buy one at a reasonable cost? Is it easy to install? Are directions easy to understand:?

Comment

Seasha; if you have windows you should look closely and see if you don't already have a program that will type for you.

My elder friend had exp and I have 7; both have a typing program included. Very easy to use and to understand.

iPhone 5 has Siri and it to rocks; if you need help email me and I will help!

J
                      Diagnosed with MS spring 2010; Still loving life

Comment

I've had Siri for over a year now and didn't know that.

My voice is rather faint and sometimes slurred (really bugs me) and my fingers tend to double and triple clikc freq.

Even when I 'think' I am doing pretty well, I read my post the next day and see so many typos.. I really do know how to spell and type; I find it frustrating.

But, we need to laugh about it or...

I too am interested in whatever dragon is..and wonder if it can understand me, when Siri can't. At least, I do know how to set the alarm! That is about it.

this is not the right place to ask but; I cannot hear my music from the headphones that came with Siri..I use to...what button did I bump..that I can unbump?? fed

Comment

Working...
                        X