Cog Fog!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cog Fog!!!

For a while now, I've had issues with understanding people when they talk to me. My mother tongue is French, I'm very fluent in English, and I can converse, although slowly, in Spanish.

Sometimes all I perceive is a bunch of sounds coming out of somebody's mouth and it takes me a while for me to figure out which language they're speaking! Weird!!

Also, it seems like it takes a few seconds for my ears or my head to pick up on something someone is saying. It's almost like a time delay.

Does anyone have this?
    When I can laugh at my experiences, I own them and they don't own me!

I just have to add this one!

Last week I sent hubby to the drug store to get me a bottle of moisturizing cream. He came home with a wonderful bottle of vanilla scented cream oil.

After the next bath I lathered my whole body and felt silky soft.

4 days later, I asked him if he could give me another bath. Baby wipes are nice but doesn't feel as good! It's quite an ordeal getting me in the bath but he got everything ready.

Once again after bath, I put tons of cream on my feet and put socks on to keep feet well moisturizer. I put a few healthy handfuls all over my body. My granddaughter is having a sleepover so after her bath, I make sure to moisturizer her young delicate skin.

Then I look at the bottle again! Only the French translation mentions a word equivalent to soap!!

Holy Jeepers!!! I was way to exhausted to go through the whole bath routine so hubby help me on the edge of the tub while I tried to remove this SOAP! It just kept on bubbling. Never again!

Granddaughter decided to wait till today to shower again!
    When I can laugh at my experiences, I own them and they don't own me!

Comment

L-O-FREAKIN'-L!!!!! Sounds like an "I Love Lucy" episode!

One thing I'd like to point out is that your husband picked it up for you so if you want off the hook, there's your excuse!

I'll be laughing about this for a while, thanks so much for sharing.

Jen
      RRMS 2005, Copaxone since 2007
      "I hope to be the person my dog thinks I am."

Comment

Originally posted by CaroleL View Post
        For a while now, I've had issues with understanding people when they talk to me. My mother tongue is French, I'm very fluent in English, and I can converse, although slowly, in Spanish.

Sometimes all I perceive is a bunch of sounds coming out of somebody's mouth and it takes me a while for me to figure out which language they're speaking! Weird!!

Also, it seems like it takes a few seconds for my ears or my head to pick up on something someone is saying. It's almost like a time delay.

Does anyone have this?
        Somewhat, like when people speak to me I can't really "hear" the message. I hear sounds but not the details...so annoying!
        Dx RRMS 2008/Kesimpta Feb 2023
        UNbalanced Dog Trainer - Accredited pet dog training instructor

Comment

Working...
        X