Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: out of limbo

Originally posted by October22 View Post
    I guess congrats are strangely in order. I do feel less anxious. At least now I know and I can move forward. Limbo is horrible!

It has helped immensely hearing about all of you that had young kids when you were diagnosed. That has been the hardest part for me. I can deal with anything myself but affect my kids and...well, it's just unacceptable!

One day at a time, but I have a little more hope for a future now that I didn't have when I first heard those two horrible letters, MS.

Thank you again for helping me through this!
    One of my friends said her cousin's symptoms started when she had young kids and she is still working full time and is one happy grandma. It's not all fun and games and roses, but it shows that for many people, MS is not completely disabling. And now we have new meds to keep that at bay longer.
    CIS DX 2013

Comment

Hi October 22,

I am AnnaMae7.... I was dxed Last June, at the age of 50.I didn't go through limbo, I was side swiped with it, had no idea. Once dxed though it really made sense ya know, things fell into place. My neuro thinks i had it for at least 10 years if not longer.

I am sure glad that you finally have an answer, and can start treatment. I am on Copaxone. I hated the idea of daily shots, but you do get used to it. I decided on Copaxone because it seemed to have fewer side effects. My neuro and I have discussed changing to the BG12, but she wants to wait and see how it does first. So that's what were doing.

I am sure you will be ok.... just remember when you read some of the things about MS (the horror stories as some would say) it effects us all differently. Think positive!
      You have done fine in limbo, well survived it.... now you know what it is and are able to treat it. Your kids will be ok too. I was real open with mine but she was older.

I would just take it one day at a time.... some will be better than others but then you will have those awesome days too. Count your blessings and good luck, keep us posted.

AnnaMae RRMS for the time being... woohoo

Comment

Working...
      X