No more limbo...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No more limbo...

Hi Everyone! I've been lurking around here for awhile now and I post, or actually rant and cry occasionally but it's now official. I'm no longer in limbo. I think it's a good thing. At least the doubt is gone.

I was sent home from the neuro today with a massive pile of reading material on all the drug choices. Yikes! My neuro suggested copaxone (sp) until the new BG12 comes out. I'm a little overwhelmed with the thought of daily injections and the side effects seem horrible even though they're supposed to be the least horrible.

Is anyone (or everyone ) waiting for the new oral drug? Is anyone else worried about it being so new?

I just realized I'm supposed to be intro-ing myself. I'm a married mom of four. My oldest is 10 and my youngest is 3. They keep me so busy! When I worry about the future, it's about not being able to take care of them like I want or they need. I want to be there to baby-sit my grand-babies some day. Ah, but one day at a time.

Also wanted to thank everyone for so much support and guidance. This website (YOU) has saved my sanity and prevented many nervous breakdowns! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

Wishing everyone well!
    Tiffany (now I own it, huh?)

Hi Tiffany

Welcome! I'm hoping for an oral med that does as well as the Betaseron has done for me...my children were newborn, 4 and 8 with my first major flare and now I have 2 grandchildren ages 3 and 10...I am their full time babysitter ..

Don't fear the side effects, they are not all the usual.... give it a try first and then decide...take care
    Susan......... Beta Babe since 1994....I did improve "What you see depends on where you're standing" from American Prayer by Dave Stewart

Comment

Thank you, Camsue!!!!!

It helps my anxiety about all this so much to hear stories like yours!!

Comment

Hi October22,

I'm glad your out of limbo but sad about your diagnosis. The future can be a little scary, to say the least, when were faced with something like this.

I'm still in limbo but when my doctor told me it was probably MS, the first thing I thought of was my grandchildren. I have three granddaughters, 6, 2, and 2 months.

Thinking about my future doesn't bring me any joy right now. But maybe I'm building bridges ill never have to cross!

I'm trying to keep my thoughts in the present, and what I can do now. That's enough to handle, I'll handle the future when I get there. I still think about it but I need to bring my focus back to the now. You're so right when you say: One day at a time!

It seems like you are being well cared for by your doctor, your starting treatments and you have a great family. Mom of 4, WOW!

Being out of limbo is a good thing. Now your doctor is getting to the action part. It is a good thing. I can't wait to be out of limbo!

We're all here to help and support each other, I'm glad your here with us! This site has been a godsend for me too.

When I can laugh at my experiences, I own them and they don't own me!

Comment

Hi Tiffany~
          It seems a bit strange to be saying congrats for being out of limbo, but you must feel some sort of relief. ? I was misdiagnosed for 10 years myself and when the dx came through, I finally felt some sense of validation.

My kids were young when my journey started and now I am a grandma 2 times over! One day at a time is my mantra too. One day has added up to many many years. 24 in fact!

I took Cop for about 6 years, after having been on Avonex for many years and it was a favorable treatment for me. With kids and working full time, it was just another thing to work into my routine and was no big deal.

I wish you well on this journey of one day+one day+one day+
          1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
          Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

copaxone

Tiffany, my wife has been taking copaxone since 1995 and myself since 2004. We give each other the injections, right before bed. The only side affects are redness and bumps. On her, the bumps turn in crevasses, but they take years to devlope. Nothing on me except bumps.

Don't worry, you'll be fine for the kids. Good luck, Scott

Originally posted by October22 View Post
            Hi Everyone! I've been lurking around here for awhile now and I post, or actually rant and cry occasionally but it's now official. I'm no longer in limbo. I think it's a good thing. At least the doubt is gone.

I was sent home from the neuro today with a massive pile of reading material on all the drug choices. Yikes! My neuro suggested copaxone (sp) until the new BG12 comes out. I'm a little overwhelmed with the thought of daily injections and the side effects seem horrible even though they're supposed to be the least horrible.

Is anyone (or everyone ) waiting for the new oral drug? Is anyone else worried about it being so new?

I just realized I'm supposed to be intro-ing myself. I'm a married mom of four. My oldest is 10 and my youngest is 3. They keep me so busy! When I worry about the future, it's about not being able to take care of them like I want or they need. I want to be there to baby-sit my grand-babies some day. Ah, but one day at a time.

Also wanted to thank everyone for so much support and guidance. This website (YOU) has saved my sanity and prevented many nervous breakdowns! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

Wishing everyone well!
            Tiffany (now I own it, huh?)

Comment

Hi: my kids were young when I was diagnosed and now they are adults, the oldest is married and trying to have a baby. I was on copaxone for many years and loved it. I hope it works well for you.

Good luck with the BG12 too!

Lisa
              Moderation Team
              Disabled RN with MS for 14 years
              SPMS EDSS 7.5 Wheelchair (but a racing one)
              Tysabri

Comment

I was a Needle-phobe when I first started. The only advice I can give you is that the needle will not be the primary concern regardless of the DMD you choose. YOU WILL GET USED TO IT! The real concern is how the side effects will change your life.

Comment

Thanks everyone!

I guess congrats are strangely in order. I do feel less anxious. At least now I know and I can move forward. Limbo is horrible!

It has helped immensely hearing about all of you that had young kids when you were diagnosed. That has been the hardest part for me. I can deal with anything myself but affect my kids and...well, it's just unacceptable!

One day at a time, but I have a little more hope for a future now that I didn't have when I first heard those two horrible letters, MS.

Thank you again for helping me through this!

Comment

And you know, of course, that we'll always be here for you! I remember thinking what a roller coaster ride MS is (and I hate roller coasters), so stay with us, ask any question you want and know your kids will be fine.

And so will you!!
                    1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
                    Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Hi October, don't let the daily shot scare you away from COpaxone... other than site reactions, it has the least side effects of the injectable DMDs. I have been taking it for 5 1/2 years and have had positive results. I started on Rebif and the side effects were worse than MS!!

Good luck with whatever you choose. Please keep us posted on how you're doing.

Jen
                      RRMS 2005, Copaxone since 2007
                      "I hope to be the person my dog thinks I am."

Comment

Gotta Luv The Date...

I was born on October 22 1958. Had nearly 50 years of no issues then WHAM....MS hit me like a cow trying to destroy the dairy industry....

I take Avonex now (formerly Copaxone), and so far so good.

So far nothing has fallen-off or turned purple. If it did, I could try and get work in the SCI-Fi industry.

The way I look at it, better to deal with the present circumstances than to be analysing dandelion roots...

Comment

October22. I know it feels like you've ended a long journey and now have to start another one. Read up on your med choices and pick the one that fits. Take care Dale
                          Dale in NC, dx'ed 2000, now SPMS

Comment

Hello

Hi all. I'm a 30 year old wife and mom, teetering on the edge of limboland. I have been in limboland for almost a year after losing ability to walk, and apparently I am possibly in my second relapse, which is taking away my ability to speak/eat. I had 50+ 'MS mimickers' ruled out over the last year. Things had been getting a bit better, so I was believing the "maybe it's a virus" theory. But as the reality that this was coming back (and how!), I have been having a very very hard time with it. I decided I probably needed to find an outlet with people who understand, instead of avoiding people who don't get it and/or freaking out on my family . I am normally fairly positive and keep things together pretty well, but I think it's been almost impossible this time around. Perhaps when I have answers.... Second round of MRIs is soon. (First was inconclusive w/ 2 lesions)

I mean, y'all aren't going to send me those emails about Diet Coke, are you?

Comment

Hi, Katmandu!

LOL at your post. I wouldn't recommend Diet Coke but have you heard about bee stings?? Just kidding.

This site is great for ranting and crying and raving and worrying-out-loud. I have found invaluable support and advice. Everyone here gets it.

Wishing you well!!

Comment

Working...
                              X