Transverse Myelitis and uveitis/retinal vaculitis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Transverse Myelitis and uveitis/retinal vaculitis

I was originally dx'd with Transverse Myelitis and had problems with uveitis for a while. No known optic neuritis but have no periphial vision or can not see anything in the dark or drive at night. I have no leisions on the brain but do on the spine. I am now being told I have MS. Anybody know about relationship between TM and MS?

Hi Wales,

Check out my thread in General Questions about TM. Some of the information is helpful. I know that when I looked up TM online, some of the information I came across was kind of scary, but now that I know it's related to MS, it's not so scary.

I looked back over my medical records and found that, before I was officially diagnosed with MS, I was diagnosed with transverse myelitis and optic neuritis. It was the optic neuritis, which left me completely blind in 1 eye for several weeks, that prompted the MRIs, etc and the TM initial diagnosis. I was diagnosed with probable MS then, but it wasn't until about 6 months later that I was officially diagnosed with MS.

That's a portion of my story, but I hope it helps!
    Diagnosed 4/10; Copaxone 10/10 - 8/13
    You win some and you lose some, but that is how you learn. -ALB

Comment

Thanks! I will check out your thread.

Comment

TM

I was initially dx'd with TM before the lesion on my brain showed up. My symptoms started with numbness and tingling in my arms, legs, hands and feet.
        limbo land for 1 year and 4 months DX February 2012 Copaxon February 2012 for 6 months. No DMD's since.

Comment

Hi! Thanks for replying. How long was it before the lesion on your brain showed up?

Comment

Sorry so late. This site should e-mail you when you have a response. I took my first brain MRI in Feb. 2011 I started to get headaches and yawn alot in August 2011. By December 2012 I had a brain lesion.
            limbo land for 1 year and 4 months DX February 2012 Copaxon February 2012 for 6 months. No DMD's since.

Comment

Sorry I started a thread last week

it was about my TM and Neuropathy....

Originally posted by MSMOBILITYMAN View Post
              What about Diabetic Neuropathy & TM?
              These are a couple other diseases with the same multiple symptoms as MS...
              How do I know...different neurologists have told me that I
              have this and that and MS and whats more!
              SCI or spinal chord injury may have caused them?
              MS is like the TRANSVERSE MYLITIS...and having
              Untreated high blood sugar caused diabetic neuropathy..
              time to go back to sleep...
              MS'ers may not all walk-- but, we can still roll along-so lets rock-n-roll as a power mobility group I do have an extra scooter & Powerchair The cat or my caregiver won't ride with me so maybe you could?

Comment

Working...
              X