Avonex Pen and pain in leg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Avonex Pen and pain in leg

so I have been on Avonex this time for about a year and a half, I switched to the Pen and I absolutely love it, but the last time I did my injection I started having burning sensations in my left leg where I did the injection then it moved into the front of my let and tightened up all the muscles, so I am having a hard time walking on that leg. I saw my Nero he didn't think it was from the shot, he thought it might be from a nerve that is pinched that runs down the front of my leg but he also said that it could be an indicator of diabetes, so we tested for that and did other blood work, I am just checking if anyone else has had this happen to them, I have been on the pen for awhile and nothing like this has ever happened.

I've been on Avonex for only about 4 months but I've never had this happen. A few times I felt like I had a knot in my thigh a couple days after the injection but that's been the only muscle-related side effect.

I hope you get this figured out, I know how frustrating it can be to have symptoms that have no known origin (I'm sure a lot of us here feel that way!)

Comment

I had the "knot in the muscle" effect and that's why I started injecting in my arms. Funny think that no one had ever heard of it at the Dr. or at Biogen.

I wonder if you didn't press down hard enough and injected under the skin and not into muscle. Still, it's good that your doctor is checking other things. See what happens next week. Good luck.

Comment

Couldn't it just be that you hit a nerve when you injected? I'm only on my 5th injection, but this is something my Avonex nurse warned me about.

Feeling better now?

Comment

Twice this has happened to me. I think basically I injected a little too close to a tendon because the moment it went in there was burning for a minute and then pain. I started to walk on the leg instantly to make it feel better. The pain went away, but if I rubbed the side of that leg it would hurt. Then about two days later I noticed any streaching of the leg or when I got up in the morning pain would go from my thigh to knee and down. It went away after about a week. To be safe I did my weekly injection in the other leg twice in a row.

Comment

Working...
          X