1st shot site reaction?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1st shot site reaction?

I started Avonex last Friday night, started with the 1/4 dose and did feel fine, but today 3 days later I have the worst pain in the muscle that the shot went in. Hurts to walk the muscle is sooo sore. Anyone had this? no red marks just hurts very bad.

Early in my Avonex therapy I would occasionally have bruises. Some would be visible, some would be deep. Some would be uncomfortable enough that I would favor a leg while walking, for example, although I might not call it outright pain.

Sometimes they would not be felt or otherwise noticed for a day or two, and no matter when they appeared they would be gone in a day or two. I'm hoping that is what will be the case with you. Certainly call the Biogen/Avonex hotline at 800-456-2255 for further guidance, and maybe an icepack or heatpack are in order. And if it's worse in the morning a call to your doctor isn't out of line. I don't think that will be the case, however.

Comment

I went through a period early on where I was getting deep bruises. They didn't show until a couple days later & sometimes it felt like the muscle was sore, especially when walking.

Now I rarely get them. Not sure why, guess the muscle just needs to adjust to the trauma.
      Diagnosed: May 2012
      Medications: Avonex - stopped 12/14
      Plegridy - starting 12/14

Comment

Working...
      X