Aubagio vs BG12

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aubagio vs BG12

I've read many posts on this board where people are choosing to wait for BG12 to be FDA approved instead of taking Aubagio. I am interested to hear more about their decision why they don't want to be on Aubagio. And to hear what they have heard about BG12 that was worth waiting for.

Originally posted by emily06 View Post
    I've read many posts on this board where people are choosing to wait for BG12 to be FDA approved instead of taking Aubagio. I am interested to hear more about their decision why they don't want to be on Aubagio. And to hear what they have heard about BG12 that was worth waiting for.
    BG-12 is more effective in studies and has fewer spooky side effects. To be fair, there could be a lot more behind the scenes with BG-12 that I am unaware of, but in a nutshell those are the reasons I'm seeing, and the reasons I am personally thinking of switching. I will definitely be speaking with my neuro when/of BG-12 comes on the market to get his perspective on switching.

So, it's not that Aubagio is bad so much as the BG-12 may be much better. Again, only time will tell.

Comment

Aubagio vs. BG-12

The BG-12 market name is officially called Tecfidera. I like the name BG-12 better.

Anyway the reason I'm waiting is because I was on Biogen's Tysabri for 3.5 years but then tested positive for the JC Virus. Didn't want to risk getting PML and the longer you're Tysabri the higher the risk. I sadly went off Tysabri last Nov.

I'm sticking with Biogen's BG-12 because I trust Biogen and the have a tall order to to fill in offering an oral pill that most Tysabri who are JC Vieus positive will more than likely switch to BG-12 (Tecfidera_) They know what they have to achieve with x Tysabri users.

Chris

Comment

Working...
      X