Hi, I'm Karen.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi, I'm Karen.

I'm married for 29 yrs, have 2 grown children (girls), no grandkids, 2 elderly cats that rule our lives, unemployed (disability), my DH is self employed (think Santa's workshop) and oh yeah... I have MS.

I found this forum this past week while I was looking for information about Acoustic Neuroma vs MS. I was diagnosed with MS in 1989 and have been living with it fairly successfully over the years. Lately, it's been getting more difficult to get around. I use walking aids now and my big purchase was a scooter that my DH found on an auction site. We won the bid at $150. I love my scooter and now I can keep up with everyone else when we go shopping or somewhere.

I had a MRI last month because my dr wanted to update, it had been nearly 10 yrs since the last MRI. Good news! my MS is stable, no new lesions! Bad news! I have a 1cm benign tumor in my left ear canal. Surgery is scheduled in a couple weeks.

So that is where my life is at right now. I'm so glad I found this forum! Thanks for all the great info!!

Karen
    Karen

Welcome to the site Karen! Look around and post wherever you feel like it! We also have many chat rooms too! What DMD are you on that you have had no progress? That is wonderful! I am glad they are taking the neuroma out. You will most likely have better balance after that. I just got my scooter too. It was ordered for me. I used it in Costco today. Whew! Much easier than my walker! I was lucky, I didn't have a copayment, I had met my deductable for the year last year when I got it.

Anyway, glad you found us! I have 2 grown kids too.
    Its good to have you.

Lisa
    Moderation Team
    Disabled RN with MS for 14 years
    SPMS EDSS 7.5 Wheelchair (but a racing one)
    Tysabri

Comment

WELCOME TO MS WORLD KAREN!!!!!! we're happy to have you, but sorry why. IT IS GREAT THAT YOUR MS HAS BEEN STABLE! I hope it continues.

Good luck on your surgery and we will be thinking of you.
      hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
      volunteer
      MS World
      hunterd@msworld.org
      PPMS DX 2001

"ADAPT AND OVERCOME" - MY COUSIN

Comment

Welcome!

Hi Karen, welcome aboard.

So glad you found MS World. Lots of wonderful info and people. Also great games for free.

I have 3 grown children. My husband and I are servants to two dogs and one elderly cat! I love my animals.

Good luck with your surgery. Be sure to let us know how you're doing.

CatMom0001
        COPAXONE - Feb. '03
        Dx - Feb. '03
        1st Sx - March '88

Comment

I'm not on meds ... In 2002 I started taking Rebif but I just couldn't tolerate it so dr switched me over to Copoxane. That dumped me into severe migraines. I was still working full time and just couldn' t tolerate it anymore. I' ve been off those drugs and feel so much better!
          Karen

Comment

Working...
          X