Vaginal Dryness.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vaginal Dryness.

First of all, I don't know if this is from MS, aging, or my medicines. I am going to be 46 this July, and I am taking Copaxone. My husband says I am as "dry as a popcorn fart". Even with stimulation I don't produce any lubrication. In fact, I am very dry down there all the time. I had a partial hysterectomy in 2010. For the last year I have had Bacterial Vaginosis numerous times. My gyno wont even prescribe me the anti-biotic for it anymore. I have to go in to see her. My appointment is in March. Full physical too. Anyways, I use lube(KY Liquid), and that works for the sex session by honestly even with the lube sex just hurts. I don't even enjoy it anymore. It's not because of my husband, who is a great lover, it's because of my vaginal dryness, pain, and vaginal smell. This really SUCKS!!
    Is this common with MS or is this just my age?

I don't think MS is responsible for all you symptoms. Nor is age. I think this warrants a consultation with you doctor. Not only for the symptoms but for the cause.

Maybe once the cause is found you can find proper treatment. There's no reason yu can't enjoy a healthy sex life for many years yet.

Good luck!
    When I can laugh at my experiences, I own them and they don't own me!

Comment

diomed,

MS would not cause vaginal dryness that is a GYN issue. It is possible for vaginal dryness to be age related and at the age of 46 you are probably in what is called perimenopause.

Speak with your GYN for the best answers and options.
      Diagnosed 1984
      “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

Did your GYN ever check your hormone levels? Vaginal dryness is one of the major problems in menopause and perimenopause. If your problems keep going on maybe its time for you to get a new GYN.

Comment

Hi Diomed, I know I've seen this problem addressed on this site previously and I've experienced it after my first big flare. I believe some have had good results with Replens. Also, there are some natural treatments for BV that you may find on an internet search. I think Walmart even sells one. This was definitely related to my MS flare and improved as my flare improved. Of course, as the others stated, it could be related to hormones or meds. Good luck and I hope you find a solution.

Comment

Thanks for the replies. I do have an appointment with my gyno in March for a whole physical. She is also my PCP. I will have a female exam done, bloodwork, the whole physical(including mammogram....ugh). She is aware of my dryness issues and it will be addressed. She is also aware of my MS and did the exam for my bladder incontinence. I won't know until I see her, what she will suggest but I have confidence in her care as she has never done me wrong and is an excellent PCP/Gyno. For now, I just insert organic plain yogurt inside my vagina. That seems to take care of the smell issue and balances the PH. I am not worrying about the lube right now as my husband is just flat out not attracted to me at the moment so intimacy just doesn't happen anymore. I am in tears as I am writing this. I feel sorry for him.
            I don't have "flares" like most with RRMS. I am hoping I get another diagnosis after I see my new doctor on Thursday. I have yet to 'remit' since 11/2011.

Comment

Working...
            X