Hi! I'm new here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi! I'm new here

I'm so glad I found this site since I can't talk with my friends and family...and what would I tell them anyway?? that I have these crazy symptoms and the drs do not know what it is...lol

Here's is my 'journey' so far...
    I am 41 yrs old with no major medical problems

Last yr went to chiro b/c of back/hip problem; numbness in left leg, left arm, left side of face. Chiro thought it was ms and sent me to neuro.

Neuro did nerve test on my legs and suggested I have brain mri. He told me he didn't think it was ms...so I never had that test done since I really just wanted my back/hip problem solved.

Went to physical therapist and my hip/back improved and the numbness went away. So I thought all was good...

Now, about 6 mos later my left hand shakes whenever I eat, write or try to hold something in my hands. I've also had my left arm and left leg jerk for no reason.

I have been extremely fatigued...I have to lay down after I take a shower.

Other than that, I don't really feel too bad. I did change jobs so that I would have a more flexible schedule and not have to work long days. I don't really think I need treatment since my symptoms are minor, but I would just like to know for sure what is going on so that I wouldn't feel like I have to hide what is going on with me.

Any advice is welcomed!!

Welcome to MSWorld, Sara!! We're glad you found us too!

Getting a proper MS dx can sometimes be a long and winding road and since none of us are doctors here, we can't tell you what is really going on. I hope it is not MS! Only after multiple tests to rule out other conditions, consultation with a neurologist, and a MRI among others tests, can one really know for sure. It is a complex disease.

I'm glad that you have changed jobs to accommodate your needs. Other than that, I would try to eat nutritiously, get some exercise to fit your ability, take supplements and try to avoid stress! And don't worry about explaining to family and friends at this stage. You have us!

Take care now and visit us often!
    1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
    Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Hello and Welcome Sara!

Like Seesha said, it's a long process towards a diagnosis. I would start looking into it now. The sooner you get a dx, the sooner you can be treated with proper meds, and maybe delay further damage.
      When I can laugh at my experiences, I own them and they don't own me!

Comment

Thank you for the reply! I already feel relieved

Comment

SaraL, An MRI is easy and provides good useable data for the Neurologist to make decisions. I was listed as "possible MS" for almost 7 years before I was officially diagnosed. I will always wonder what would be different if I had been diagnosed sooner and started making changes or taking medication sooner. More information is always better, for me personally anyways.

Comment

Hello! I just joined here. What's up guys? By the way, it's Keen from California. It's nice to be here, isn't it?

Comment

MS TOO...thanks for the advice! I agree it is better to know so that you can start treatment. I wasn't thinking about it in terms of stopping the progression..I was just thinking about treatment in terms of taking care of what ever symptoms you currently have.

I still have so much to learn...

Comment

Working...
              X