Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How long do you leave yours out of Refrig.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How long do you leave yours out of Refrig.

I was curious how long most people leave their pen out of the refrigerator prior to use. I do 45 minutes and I was wondering if this was a typical amount or if I should wait longer. Thank you for your help.
    MS.Cure.Believe
    Diagnosed 11-11-12
    Multiple Sclerosis
    Syringomyelia, Syrnix
    Avonex user

I leave mine out for 2-3 hours. Everyone is different. If you aren't experiencing any issues with 45 minutes, then no reason to change.
    Diagnosed: May 2012
    Medications: Avonex - stopped 12/14
    Plegridy - starting 12/14

Comment

I take mine out of the fridge around dinner time and inject about 2-3 hours later. I did an hour once and it was cold so it was painful.

Comment

I was wondering the same thing. The info that came with my meds said to take it out 30 minutes before, but by the time I gave myself the shot, it was more like an hour. It does say you can leave it at room temp for up to 7 days though.
        Diagnosed 1/4/13
        Avonex 1/25/13-11/14, Gilenya 1/22/15

Comment

I take mine out mid afternoon (1PM) and inject in the evening about 8:30 or 9 PM. I noticed that it does not
          hurt so much if I leave it at room temperature for a few
          hours.
          What YOU Are Is ... GOD'S Gift to You
          What YOU Make Of Yourself Is ... Your Gift To GOD

Comment

I think I will leave mine out a little longer from now on. Thank you all for your help.
            MS.Cure.Believe
            Diagnosed 11-11-12
            Multiple Sclerosis
            Syringomyelia, Syrnix
            Avonex user

Comment

I inject in the morning so I take mine out the night before so I can get it over with as soon as I wake up. Its been fine...before that I was leaving it out for 30 minutes and then injecting and it was fine then too no more or less pain.

Comment

Originally posted by MierryLea View Post
                I inject in the morning so I take mine out the night before so I can get it over with as soon as I wake up. Its been fine...before that I was leaving it out for 30 minutes and then injecting and it was fine then too no more or less pain.
                me too. I take it out the night before and put it by my bed. First thing on waking BANG and then I go about my day shopping, at the gym and then I get in bed around 3-4pm

Comment

Several year ago we had a discussion going about this. It seemed to be the consensus that the longer you left it out (as in several hours), the fewer the side effects. Don't know that there is any real science behind that.

I have forgotten to take it out, and will put it in my bra to warm up to body temperature. (Guys, not sure where I advise you to put yours )

Comment

Originally posted by Justsayyes View Post
                    Several year ago we had a discussion going about this. It seemed to be the consensus that the longer you left it out (as in several hours), the fewer the side effects. Don't know that there is any real science behind that.

I have forgotten to take it out, and will put it in my bra to warm up to body temperature. (Guys, not sure where I advise you to put yours )

So glad I'm not the only one that dose this! I started doing this when I was using the syringe from capaxone. Now I Do it with all my dmd's

Comment

I take Rebif and the nurse there told me that I should take the syringes out on Sunday night for the whole week. I am uncomfortable doing this so I take it out 6 hours before I take the injection. I do think doing it as she said is okay though as they wouldn't tell you so if not. You might check with whoever makes your type and see what they recommend.

Comment

It just needs to be warm for comfort. You can take it out an hour or a day before. Avonex can last 7 days outside the refrigerator - but be careful. It's not like you can put it back after 7 days and then leave it out or a few days. It's 7 days cumulative and I think only at room temperature, not baking.

So I don't think there is any magic to it - just take it out so that it's room temperature. For me, I leave it out overnight and inject in the morning.

Comment

Working...
                        X