MS IN SAUDI ARABIA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MS IN SAUDI ARABIA

WELL, THIS IS AN INTERESTING SITUATION. I HAVE A POTENTIAL JOB OFFER IN THE HOTTEST PART OF THE WORLD. ANY EXPATS OUT THERE LIVING IN SAUDI WITH MS? WOULD LOVE TO HEAR YOUR STORY! WE WOULD LIKELY BE MOVING TO THE EASTERN PROVINCE (AL KHOBAR) AREA, BUT REALLY ANY INFO ON YOUR EXPERIENCE WOULD BE APPRECIATED.

I googled MS IN SAUDI ARABIA with many search results, one titled WORLD MS DAY, a conference held at King Fiaad?? Hospital. The site included photos of MS patients and doc's in attendence.

Also googled Multiple Sclerosis for US Expats in Saudi Arabia, search results included a chat room for expats in SA with medical issues, including MS.

You may want to contact your local chapter of the NMSS concerning your move to saudi.

I'm not recommending 'outing' MS to your employer, but is there expat employee support offered by your employer, Employee Assistance Program?

Sorry not much help here. Someone with more info may be along soon. This thread is not one of the busy ones here, check back, it could take a few days for one of the regulars to check in.

Best of luck on your adventure and take care.

Comment

Hi MSW1963,
      THIS IS A HELPFUL RESPONSE, THANK YOU. I HAVE TOLD MY POTENTIAL EMPLOYER ABOUT MY MS BECAUSE IT DID NOT FEEL RIGHT TO SPRING SOMETHING LIKE THAT ON THEM WITH THE EXPENSE IT WILL TAKE TO MOVE ME AND MY FAMILY OVER THERE. THE EMPLOYER SEEMS TO FEEL I'M STILL A GOOD FIT SO WE WILL SEE. I WILL TRY TO CONNECT WITH SOME OTHER EXPATS AS YOU SUGGEST THROUGH THE CHAT ROOMS.
      THANKS AGAIN

Comment

Are you on a DMD med now? If so, do you know how your DMD will be provided to you while in Saudi? Same goes with any other sx meds you may be taking.

I'm not familiar with benefits offered to expat contract employees, but if you are a contract employee and benefits are offered, you may find out a lot of info through the employee benefits provider/insurance company.

Bring MS cooling vest, other MS cooling type devices and supplies as they may not be available, and there's always internet shopping.

Hope you find a good expat chat room with tons of info and advice to help you get settled and manage your MS while there.

Best of luck to you and your family.

Comment

YES, I'M CURRENTLY ON REBIF. I WILL DEFINITELY HAVE TO ASK THE INSURANCE COMPANY "HOW EXACTLY DO I GET MY MEDS?" I'M NOT SURE THAT I CAN GET THEM SHIPPED DIRECTLY FROM THE SPECIALTY PHARMACY, SO I MAY HAVE THEM SHIPPED TO A PRIVATE PARTY AND THEN MAILED TO SAUDI. GOOD THOUGHT ON THE COOLING VEST AND OTHER MS RELATED GEAR. I HAVE BEEN FORTUNATE THAT THE HEAT HAS NOT BEEN A TRIGGER FOR MY MS, BUT I DON'T WANT TO PUSH MY LUCK.

Comment

How did it all work out?

Hi Linus 01! Just wondering how things worked out for you? My partner has MS and is contemplating a job offer in KSA. Not sure what to do.....

Comment

Working...
            X