OMG this is because of my MS??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OMG this is because of my MS??

Good morning. So I am reading a lot of posts about the different experiences and comparing them to my recent diagnosis - and well - the leaking... I never understood it but it has been happening for a few months. Suffice to say, I am thrilled to see people are talking about this.

For a little while now - either I will feel wet in my undees while at work, go to the bathroom and see that my undees are indeed wet with pee - or, when I pee, I stand up after I am done and well - drip drip drip. Strangest thing. I thought it was just me.

My Neuro asked me several questions about incontenence - this never actually occurred to me. I havent wet the bed or anything. Just - leaky... often... Weird. I never put two and two together.

Do you guys leak? Anybody leak? Is it because you have lost muscle mass in your "private area". Why does this happen? I dont understand...
    "There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.” ― Beverly Sills

I started with just a little leaking which progressed to Niagra Falls. I finally talked to the doc about it at that point.

I now take Detrol which helps tremedously. I also went to a urologist and had urodynamic testing.

It has something to do with the nerve signals to the bladder. I am sure you could google a more indepth explanation of it
    Jodi
    "If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude". Maya Angelou

Comment

Yep, its your MS. I have the opposite problem, I have to self-cath. However, just this last week I have noticed some little dribbles in my underwear of urine. Its like I am leaking, but cannot pee when I want to or need to go. What the...? It is maddening! So I know how you feel! It is hard to know what is going on at any one time!

Lisa
      Moderation Team
      Disabled RN with MS for 14 years
      SPMS EDSS 7.5 Wheelchair (but a racing one)
      Tysabri

Comment

i too wen from a bit leaky to niagara falls but over a period of time and its most likely a gift from MS although anywoman who has had kids may be a little leaky as they get older- thats a gift from motherhood!! It definately is worth speaking to you doctor about it as the urodynamc esting can identify exactly how it is happening (even when its MS there is more than one mechanism) and they can wok out what medicaion is most likel to help you. you can have an oeractive bladder or the sphincer muscles can be be unstable.

i took ditropan and that helped for quite a while i eventually needed a catheter but i have signifcant spinal problems too. i have an sp catheter, i still get bladder spasms hat can be painful and cause leaking so i take probathine. Other women pass a catheter 3 or 4 times a day just to empty then take it out- and believe it or not, i is not that dificult once you get used to it

Comment

I thought maybe I had been leaking a little but wasn't sure. I just got over a bad cold virus and the cough won't go away. There is no guessing anymore, I am definetly leaking at every cough. How do you know if this is MS or not?

Comment

Working...
          X