Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New to the MS Journey

Hello,
    So much to learn! So much to read from eating to exercising...etc.
    Learning it is OK to take a nap, when ever!
    Learning it is OK to say NO Thanks to another task/request.
    Learning it is OK to say 'I don't remember' (there's different ways to say that).
    Learning it is OK to be yourself, if you walk funny 'so be it' at least you're moving, if your words get out of place 'so be it' write down the words to relay what you want to say, if that leg or arm doesn't follow your commands 'so be it' just keep trying to 'retrain' (sometimes that leg of mine acts like it is doesn't belong to me! I'm going to keep trying).

I've known about this 'invader' to this body for just about 1 month. Instead of Primary Progressive MS (named in Dec. before Xmas) it has been renamed to Relapsing MS two weeks ago.
    No, I have not started on meds...waiting. Got the symptoms and have had several of them for ages, just didn't know nor did I make a commotion about them...just laughed, corrected the effort and became a little more careful.
    I, too, look forward to communicating & learning thru this MSWorld site.

Hi violet and welcome to MSWorld! Sounds like you've learned MS101 in a relatively short time! I'll give you an A+ for having a good attitude

There's lots more to learn about MS and you've come to the right place. We welcome your comments and questions anytime, so hope to hear more from you. Good luck on picking out a med that works for you.

Take care
    1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
    Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Hello and welcome Violet.
      When I can laugh at my experiences, I own them and they don't own me!

Comment

Hi Violet. Your list is a great way to begin the journey. Welcome to the board. Dale
        Dale in NC, dx'ed 2000, now SPMS

Comment

Hello

Sounds like you've prepared yourself pretty well.
          Welcome to this really COOL club.
          Only the creme de la creme are allowed in.

Comment

Working...
          X