New to all of this

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New to all of this

Back in October 2012 I became numb from the chest down all within 24 hours. I was diagnosed with clinically isolated syndrome but because I am high risk for a second attack they started me on Avonex. I have been on that for about a month and a half now. I am so frustrated because I am starting to have more symptoms now. My hair is falling out and I have severe fatigue, depression and anxiety.

I'm trying to find out as much information as I can and to find some support from people who know what I am going through.

Hello cjohnstone and Welcome to MSWorld.

My hair is falling out and I have severe fatigue, depression and anxiety.
    Unfortunately, those symptoms could be side effects of Avonex. It is possible to counteract the side effects with other medications; depression/anxiety - anti-depressant, fatigue - stimulants or other medications used for fatigue.

Hairloss/thining is a side effect of the Avonex.

This link will give you some, but not all, of the possible side effects of Avonex.
    http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/d...s/a693040.html
    Diagnosed 1984
    “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

Thanks! I'm on an anit-depressant now. I am getting tingling in my feet again and my leg muscles are so stiff too. I wonder if these could be from the Avonex too...

Comment

New

Hi Cjohnstone, welcome to site. I don't know if the leg symptoms are from avonex or MS. When I was first dx'ed it was a very stressful time and stress can ramp up all symptoms. It's hard time and I would address your depression and anxiety with your docs. Most of us have been exactly where you are. Hang in there and come back often. Dale
        Dale in NC, dx'ed 2000, now SPMS

Comment

Hang in There with Avonex Pen.

I am new to MS.
          16 shots of Avonex PEN so far. Chills only as a side effect...but they subside. My last 4 injections ...NO SIDE EFFECTS !
          Walking, but no driving for now.

Am a very young 65.
          Looking for love again after 38 years of marriage.

2 beautiful children & 2 beautiful grandchildren.
          I am in NJ. My children are in Pitts.]

Jordan (A very nice Jewish loving man)

Originally posted by cjohnstone View Post
          Back in October 2012 I became numb from the chest down all within 24 hours. I was diagnosed with clinically isolated syndrome but because I am high risk for a second attack they started me on Avonex. I have been on that for about a month and a half now. I am so frustrated because I am starting to have more symptoms now. My hair is falling out and I have severe fatigue, depression and anxiety.

I'm trying to find out as much information as I can and to find some support from people who know what I am going through.

Comment

Working...
          X