Sexual aggression, ladies?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sexual aggression, ladies?

This is definitely not a top I've found here before!

I'm a 48-yr old female. Have a fabulous marriage to the love-of-my life. He's 51 and we've been married for 26 years.

We've always had a great sex life but the last six months have been more like the sex we had as newlyweds. No idea what is happening to me but we are both loving it. I think about sex 24 hrs a day....almost like a teenage boy. Lol. The more often, the better. My husband laughs and says he can't keep up especially two to three times per night.

I don't have close friends that I can ask about this. I assumed that it had something to do w perimenopause and hormones.

Last night, I ran across a list of uncommon MS symptoms on another MS site. There was the sex thing lumped into emotional issues I think. I have more of the uncommon symptoms, than the common ones.

Definitely not looking to "fix" this symptom! Just interested to know if any other ladies have run into this situation?
    Dx 3/4/12. Tec X 2 as of 7/7/13
    Weebles wobble and occasionally they DO fall down!

Consider yourself very lucky. I wish I had this issue but for most and myself it's the complete opposite.
    (Can't move right, vaginal dryness often leading to infections, lack of sex drive, etc, etc).

Comment

Sex Drive

Leeaura,

I used to have a libido like that. That is what my dh liked about me when we got married.

We have been happily married for 6 years. I was in limbo for 2 years and recently dx in Aug 2012.

Needless to say, I wish I still felt that way but now my sex drive has diminished. I don't enjoy sex anymore. I could take it or leave it.

I do it for my dh but if it were up to me, I would be satisfied having not at all.

He is 5 years younger than I. I did have the Novasure done prior to my sx. I always wondered if my age had something to do with it.

I always thought that the surgery had helped increase my ms sx.

Glad you are having fun and you need to enjoy it! For you, I hope and pray that it never diminishes.
      STR

Comment

I don't know if anyone else has these. I get vaginal spasms. Not that I'm complaining or anything, lol, but it is hard to explain.

I just wish my hubby had something penile spasms, or something. Just saying!
        When I can laugh at my experiences, I own them and they don't own me!

Comment

Here's a thread from last year where somebody posted about a similar problem.

http://www.msworld.org/forum/showthr...verstimulation

Here's another link, but it has to do with a more severe form of the problem.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persist...ousal_disorder

Comment

Rdmc, thank you for posting that. The information was helpful.

Comment

problem?

poo! i wouldn't call that a problem! if so, i want it!

what meds or supplements are you taking?
              can you say this sx definitely started at ???
              if so, check & see if you changed or went on new meds or vitamins.
              because i'm sure if it's a OTC, vitamin or whatever, a lot of us would be interested in it!

ik i would. i enjoy our intimacy, but more is always better.

hope this isn't one sx for you that doesn't go away!
              just feed you DH oysters, choc etc!LOL

take care and God bless ya!
              "All things are possible for those who believe." Jesus

Comment

Lol Poohbar!

I started getting the spasms a few years ago. I thought I was having wet dreams! I'm 50, in case you're wondering, lol.

I'm not on any meds. I'm waiting to see neurologist, and I don't have a family doctor.

I must add that the vaginal spasms can get painful if they don't release. Imagine being stuck in a long orgasm but the fun is gone. Sometimes it feels like a really bad leg cramp climbed in there.

When these spasms are severe, I'm often left feeling very sore and tender on the inside. Like having been on a 'fest for a week.

I also get sudden painful anal spasms and feelings of a hot knife digging a way up my butt. These ones make me yelp! And...they are hard to explain when your in a public space. People hear you scream out and offer to help, lmao. If only they knew!

Thank you, I appreciate the offer butt...

I do love chocolate!

Comment

Oops, mental spasm

I forgot, I do take meds!

Antidepressant Effexor X-RAY 300 mg daily.

Comment

Hi Leeaura,

You thread has intrigued me. I have had this disease a very long time and several years ago I became sexually aggressive. There were alot of things going on in my life at the time and I never even considered MS.

I started doing some research on this topic and ran across a few articles on this. It would be considered under "inappropriate behavior." I have also found it referred to as a sensory symptom. Both of which can be a part of MS.

Part of the article says: "and inappropriate behavior (such as sexual aggressiveness)"

http://www.asktheinternettherapist.c...osis-symptoms/

Hoe that helps
                    Diagnosed 1984
                    “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

Leeaura --
                      When I am in an MS flare, one of my symptoms (which would be a-typical, I think, for most ppl w/ MS) is manic thoughts and behavior. And, yes. For, me, that includes "inappropriate behavior", as Snoopy mentioned. And, it includes sexual aggression and thinking about sex 24/7, as you mentioned.

It is not a residual symptom that I have all of the time with MS. Only during major flares. I have not had one for almost 3 years. For me, the negative effects of the flares are SO not worth the extra interest in sex.

~ Faith
                      ~ Faith
                      MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
                      (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
                      - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
                      - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
                      - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Mamabug- i was so relieved to see this from you. I am in the midst of a flare right now i believe. i have had left arm weakness ect. but then have hung shelves, organized and thought to myself the other day i am manic. I never thought about it being related t

Comment

Michelle --
                          That's one of the good things about MSWorld. That, maybe, we can find someone with similar symptoms.

MS can vary so much from one person to the next.

For me, once I become manic, I just simply have to go on steroids to reduce the inflammation in my brain. If I try to wait for it to go down on its own, it simply does not work; the mania gets worse and worse.

In the past, it has not been unusual for me to end up hospitalized for a few weeks in a mental health facility during flares. Since I went on Copaxone a few years ago, my flares have been much less frequent and much less severe, and it seems to be easier to get them under control if they do occur. I have been fairly stable, with decreased MS symptoms and decreased flares, for about 3 years now. That feels so-o-o hopeful to me.

~ Faith
                          ~ Faith
                          MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
                          (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
                          - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
                          - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
                          - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

a year before my diagnosis I was sexually "aggressive". It was great, but weird. NOW I cannot even have a big "O". This disease is cruel!
                            Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly.

Comment

I experienced a couple of years of 'insatiable' sex drive. Preoccupied with sex, sex, sex 24/7, during 5yrs of active sx's that preceeded my MS dx.

I also had some traits of mania during that period of time. Thankfully nothing so inappropriate that I can't live down or that would have involved jail time

Comment

Working...
                              X