Rebif 2 weeks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rebif 2 weeks

HI CAN SOMEONE GIVE ME SOME IDEA IF THIS IS NORMAL FOR REBIF. I AM ON REBIF FULL DOZE 2 WEEKS AND I HAVE ALOT OF WEAKNESS IN MY ARMS AND IN MY LEGS, LIKE I RAN A MARATHON. ALSO HAVE TIGHTNESS IN MY LEGS. FIND IT HARD TO WALK OR DRIVE MY CAR.

I WAS ON COXOPONE FOR 2YEARS AND NEVER HAD THESE SYMPTONS BUT HAD 3 RELAPS AND HAD TO CHANGE MEDICATIONS.

I FEEL LIKE I AM NOT GETTING ANY GOOD RESULTS FROM REBIF. I AM OF FROM WORK SO I AM NOT DOING ALOT THESE DAYS.

I FEEL LIKE GIVING THIS DRUG UP, BUT EVERYONE TELLS ME I HAVE TO GIVE IT TIME. I DO GET THE FLU LIKE SYMPTONS.

CAN SOMEONE SHED SOME LIGHT ON THIS FOR ME.

THANKS
    STRONG

I was on Rebif for 7 years. One thing I remember is that my injections always made me feel pseudo symptoms, like if it was the day after my shot my leg would drag. I had flu like symptoms the entire time I took it, and I also suffered from extreme fatigue the next day after my shot the whole time.

That being said I stayed on it because it worked that entire time. I only had my one exacerbation that led to my diagnosis. In my opinion it was worth staying on.

Comment

My experience with rebif

Hi Strong,

I have been on rebif since July 2005. I take aleve before my shot, which I take at bedtime and do not get the flu like symptoms. I did get headaches on the 44mcg, so I went to 22mcgs after one year.
      I have not had any flares since my first horrible one in '05. I have not had any new lesions either. For those reasons I have stuck with this med and really don't want to try another. I am not willing to play Russian roulette with this miserable disease.
      So is this a walk in the park for me? No, I have hair thinning, and skin issues. I do get stiff legs from time to time and I am sure it's the ms, not rebif. Let's face it rebif isn't a cure, it's just going to delay.
      Good luck to you and maybe talk to your neuro about your issues, he/she may have some tips for you. Be well

Comment

My Rebif Experience

I have been on 44 mcg Rebif for almost 7 years. I do my injections right before bedtime on MWF. I also take 2 Aleve prior to giving myself the shot. Once in a while I get the "chills" for a couple of hours right after the shot but that is about it. There are no lingering problems the next day. My yearly MRIs show no new lesions since diagnosis and I have not had any relapses in that time. Both my neurologist and I consider that a significant success for the medication.

Currently I have some minor injection site reactions but nothing I can't deal with on my own. My liver function numbers are showing some changes and my gastroenterologist is doing a work up to determine if Rebif is the cause or if there is some other issue. He hasn't come to a conclusion just yet.

I would also like to agree with polly2448 who said, "let's face it, Rebif isn't a cure." It is meant to slow the progression of the disease and lengthen the time between exacerbations.

Looking back on my history with Rebif I would have to say that I had more side effects the first few months than I do now. Rebif is a pretty powerful drug and it takes some time for the body to get used to it. Only you and your doctor can decide if the benefits outweigh the risks/side effects in your particular case.

I wish you the best of luck with MS in general and Rebif in particular.

Comment

Working...
        X