MS Dog Tired

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MS Dog Tired

I was Diagnosed in 3/12 and it's been a year of confusion, loss of job, chronic vertigo, lesions on my brain, mad all the time, balance is off, pain in lower back, hospitalized twice since 3/12, mri, copaxone for 6 mos. depressed, worked as analyst for 30 yrs, masters degree worthless because i can't analyse anymore, tired all the time, sleep all the time, neurologist don't understand because they see it all the time. takes 5 months to get appointment at University hospital in maryland, waiting for disability ssi and metlife the worst company, gave me short term disability, denied long term......life is good

If I may suggest some things for your mental health. You need to take charge of your condition and work along with your medical team.
    You need to establish your levels of vitamin D, vitamin B-12 and magnesium. And normalize or maximize them. You will feel much more solid when you have optimized youir levels. And these aren't going to be things that your neurologist will suggest. But he/she will not likely disagree about. He/she just doesn't know a lot about these nutrients.
    I am not a doctor, and I am simply making some suggestions. I hope you try them and they help you out. Good luck

Comment

I thought your helper dog was tired

You've been through a lot in a short space of time. Even if you didn't have MS, but something else that made you lose your job and be in the hospital, it would be difficult.

I think that when you are able to rest your mind, it will start to work better. 6 months after my diagnosis, I knew my mind didn't work the same. It still doesn't but it's come a long way in the 2 1/2 years since. Exercise helps me as does mindfulness meditation.

stress can also make you not think clearly. You will be better once this part is over and you can still develop your mind. My visual skills improved where my analytical declined. I am also a much more intuitive, smarter and more aware person.

So acknowledge that you've had a big challenge, give yourself a break and begin to carve out what your new life looks like. There is great evidence that the simple act of choosing your life, no matter what the circumstances, brings real contentment.

Good Luck.

Comment

Big A

Thank you so much for your kind thoughts. It was very helpful

Comment

Big A - You were a big help to your Readers - Choose your life...

THANKS.
          J

There is great evidence that the simple act of choosing your life, no matter what the circumstances, brings real contentment. NICE ! Jordan

Good Luck.[/QUOTE]

Comment

I'm glad. Thanks for saying that, guys. When we are first diagnosed, there is precious little positive information and we can be desperate for someone just to say it's not all over.

I recommend reading books by people who have overcome health issues. I even recommend Lance Armstrong's book, because despite what he did after his recovery, he nonetheless showed how it's done. Books on FDR are good, and there are members of congress who have had MS as well as Neil Cavuto who is a broadcaster on Fox News.

Also, read Bernie Siegel, a physician who talks about which patients seem to do well.

If you are worried about your brain, read "The brain that Changes itself". It's an amazing read.

Good Luck!

Comment

Working...
            X