Tired of being tired n sick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tired of being tired n sick

Im so frustrated, angry,depressed, n just tired of always being sick. I feel like I'm going crazy sometimes or thinking it's all in my mind. I don't know what to do n don't have anyone to talk to who would understand. when my right Side went numb close to my 30th birthday I just thought maybe it was a medication I took n brushed it off until it became painful to walk to the point of limping.

when I finally had an Mir n saw the neurologist I was just told it could possibly be m s but I only had 2 sessions n there isn't any medication for it anyway. I left in tears with no hope n still had pain, numbness, n tingling in my arms n legs so I just had to deal. slowly the pain subsides n numbness got a little better but never quite the same.

so a year or two went by n just a few symptoms, always tired but that can b many things, always stomach problems n that also can b many things. the numbness seems to b there all the time but I'm getting used to it. started having another relapse as they call it I guess. I,'ve always had this memory problem n seemed off balance but things started getting worse like just going grocery shopping I would get dizzy n feel like I was going to pass out n my insides just felt so shaky but not visible on the outside.

it seemed difficult to reach for a glass on the counter almost like I had to say out loud to my brain "pick up the glass". things got harder at work., mainly my focus n my vision just seemed off most of the time. I couldn't n still can not localize what I'm feeling. I feel completely alone n so mad to not be able to have a normal life. I'm so jealous when I see someone at the gym n think they can go all the time so y can't I.

I will be fine for a solid week n b all happy n motivated then bam, something sets me back. I finally went to a different Neuro n had another Mir n I did have more lessions n some on my spine so she just said yes I would say you show signs of m s but the only thing u can do is injections to help with the progression. again I left crying n just dI'd not want to see anymore dr....anyway I have no more hope for feeling better or living a satisfying life. I just want to feel fine everyday I'm not even hoping for feeling good just fine will work.

** Moderator's note - Post broken into paragraphs for easier reading. Many people with MS have visual difficulties that prevent them from reading large blocks of print. **

I want to welcome you to MSWorld, Bethp916. I am so sorry you are having a hard time with everything... You have every right to be bummed, frustrated and depressed right now! I think we all here have gone through the same emotions at one time or another and know what it's like.

We're glad you reached out to us for support! Are there others - family, friends, a counselor - who are nearby to help support you with this difficult time? I remember in the early stages of my MS journey, I reached out to a wonderful therapist who basically saved my life!! I got on a anti-depressant even before I started taking DMD shots. It helped immensely to navigate through the next stage of my life.

I know life seems bleak right now, but there will be better days - yea, I know, it doesn't seem that way right now, but it will. You have us to come to and we will be there for you. In the meantime, here is a big ((HUG)) for you. Take some deep breaths and try to rest up, keep up with your vitamins, nourish your body with good food and continue to exercise as much as your body allows, but try not to overdue.

Come back often and let us know how you're doing - OK?
    Take care
    1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
    Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Thank u for some encouraging words, it is tough n try not to let my emotions get the best of me but some days it's so hard. I have been on an antidepressant for over a year and realize I will probably have to be on them for the rest of my life. I'm usually not a chatty person or even go on the computer much but I guess I was looking for some more answers and maybe hear other stories that might be similar to mine...just to have a sense of understanding.

Comment

Hi Beth!

You just described the same way I feel much of the time. I know that doesn't make either of our situations better, but it's somewhat comforting to know you're not alone (or going crazy").

It seems like no matter how much I explain to my friends and loved ones what's going on with the ms, they still don't get it.....sort of like describing what it's like to be pregnant, they will never totally understand unless they are in that position (which I wouldn't wish on anyone).

I know it's frustrating, especially about the limited choices. I just try to do what I can when I can, and when my body says slow down, I slow down. I've tried shots and changed my diet...neither one has made a noticeable difference. If they come up with something new, I'll try that too. Until then, I'm trying to exercise more (yoga does make me feel a little better) and be kind to myself. I'm spending more time doing things that I enjoy and less time worrying about things I can't control.

And, msworld has been an excellent place for answers and a place where others truly understand.

Hang in there, and find YOUR joy....somewhere!

Patty
        Patty

Comment

I understand the frustration, when you were used to a certain life style and now you feel your not able to do those things it is depressing, frustrating and you lose hope! I'm in the same boat. I think there are many people here that have been or are in the boat of this emotional sea.

But I have a great neurologist who as soon as she saw my MRI, started blood work that day, ordered two other test and started me on IV solu-medrol to help "break" my headache and reduce any inflammation I may have in my C spine where my lesion is.

I didn't really have time to process what was going on with me and I still do not have an official diagnosis. I had the numbness on one side of my body that triggered my MRI and thought it was from the physical therapist, like he pinched a nerve in my back (I had a massage the day before the numbness started). Mine lasted a week and a half. I didn't have any pain or weakness that is why I wasn't so concerned until talking to my doctor, who freaked out and told me to get to the ER.

It sounds like your neuro may not be helping and/or explaining things to you, like options that you have for treating your symptoms. Might need to research a good neurologist in your area.

Sorry, I know all of that was scattered but my thoughts are still all scattered.

Comment

Best wishes to you Beth. I hear you and I understand. Keep your head up girl <3
            Do you need or enjoy fear, worries and restlessness? If you don't, then why do you keep inviting them into your mind?

Comment

I am here for you.

I am a new;y diagnosed patient with MS.
              15 shots of Avonex so far.
              I am here for You. Still walking, eating, and enjoying my children and new grandchildren.
              Jordan

Originally posted by Bethp916 View Post
              Im so frustrated, angry,depressed, n just tired of always being sick. I feel like I'm going crazy sometimes or thinking it's all in my mind. I don't know what to do n don't have anyone to talk to who would understand. when my right Side went numb close to my 30th birthday I just thought maybe it was a medication I took n brushed it off until it became painful to walk to the point of limping.

when I finally had an Mir n saw the neurologist I was just told it could possibly be m s but I only had 2 sessions n there isn't any medication for it anyway. I left in tears with no hope n still had pain, numbness, n tingling in my arms n legs so I just had to deal. slowly the pain subsides n numbness got a little better but never quite the same.

so a year or two went by n just a few symptoms, always tired but that can b many things, always stomach problems n that also can b many things. the numbness seems to b there all the time but I'm getting used to it. started having another relapse as they call it I guess. I,'ve always had this memory problem n seemed off balance but things started getting worse like just going grocery shopping I would get dizzy n feel like I was going to pass out n my insides just felt so shaky but not visible on the outside.

it seemed difficult to reach for a glass on the counter almost like I had to say out loud to my brain "pick up the glass". things got harder at work., mainly my focus n my vision just seemed off most of the time. I couldn't n still can not localize what I'm feeling. I feel completely alone n so mad to not be able to have a normal life. I'm so jealous when I see someone at the gym n think they can go all the time so y can't I.

I will be fine for a solid week n b all happy n motivated then bam, something sets me back. I finally went to a different Neuro n had another Mir n I did have more lessions n some on my spine so she just said yes I would say you show signs of m s but the only thing u can do is injections to help with the progression. again I left crying n just dI'd not want to see anymore dr....anyway I have no more hope for feeling better or living a satisfying life. I just want to feel fine everyday I'm not even hoping for feeling good just fine will work.

** Moderator's note - Post broken into paragraphs for easier reading. Many people with MS have visual difficulties that prevent them from reading large blocks of print. **

Comment

Thanks. Jordan

Seasha,
                You are a nice lady...+ your words of encouagement.
                For me, I am doing OK
                Knowledge is Power books have helped very much.
                I am not out of the woods yet.
                I am on shot 15+ of Avonex, still walking & eating.
                Thanks.
                Jordan

Originally posted by Seasha View Post
                I want to welcome you to MSWorld, Bethp916. I am so sorry you are having a hard time with everything... You have every right to be bummed, frustrated and depressed right now! I think we all here have gone through the same emotions at one time or another and know what it's like.

We're glad you reached out to us for support! Are there others - family, friends, a counselor - who are nearby to help support you with this difficult time? I remember in the early stages of my MS journey, I reached out to a wonderful therapist who basically saved my life!! I got on a anti-depressant even before I started taking DMD shots. It helped immensely to navigate through the next stage of my life.

I know life seems bleak right now, but there will be better days - yea, I know, it doesn't seem that way right now, but it will. You have us to come to and we will be there for you. In the meantime, here is a big ((HUG)) for you. Take some deep breaths and try to rest up, keep up with your vitamins, nourish your body with good food and continue to exercise as much as your body allows, but try not to overdue.

Come back often and let us know how you're doing - OK?
                Take care

Comment

Working...
                X