No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi all
    I am a full time carer for my wife who has Primary Progressive MS . Hoping to find friends in similar situations.

Hi Geryatric: Love the name by the way. I have MS, but think you are doing a wonderful service to your wife. My husband is so sweet to me too. He helps me all the time. I understand all that is involved in taking care of a PPMS patient. I hope you will take time to take care of yourself sometimes too. I am a nurse and know all to well how people can get run down in caring for others.

What you are doing though is wonderful! I hope that others will chime in that are caretakers too.

Please look around the boards, ask questions, answer questions, and get support.

Take care
    Lisa
    Moderation Team
    Disabled RN with MS for 14 years
    SPMS EDSS 7.5 Wheelchair (but a racing one)
    Tysabri

Comment

Thanks for the warm welcome

Hi Lisa , Geryatric is a pen name I have used for years.
      Both my wife and I are 50, been together from our mid teens. I have browsed the forum from time to time and decided today to join in .

Comment

I just want to say for your wife: Thank You for what you are doing. I have the MS and as I say I have not found a woman stupid enough to marry me. The unfortunate thing for me is that I am just like my mother. I got her three worst qualities, one of which is the MS. And Again I say Thank You for taking care of your wife.

Comment

Hi Geryatric,
          I am 54 and have had PPMS for 4 years. This disease isn't too much fun, as you have probably learned. Does your wife inject a DMD or take one orally ? There are no 'approved' meds for this type of MS. You are a great person to be the caregiver. So you got that goin' for you. Good luck

Comment

Working...
          X