Just Wanted to Share

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just Wanted to Share

I'm Beth - I go by kewpiepowers here, I've used that nickname for years. I've gone to chat here and am often a "lurker". I had my first MS symptoms when I was 18. I'm almost 46 now. I have charged hard at work and in my life - I think to my own detriment but hey, all I can do is move forward.

My girlfriend has started making videos and her third video is about my MS progression and how she sees me dealing with it. It is a bold topic for a novice to tackle!! The song is really wonderful and inspires me. If you'd like to watch it, it is here:

**URL removed by Moderator in compliance with MSWorld Guidelines. This may be put in your Profile for all registered, logged-in members to see. Go to UserCP > Edit Details**

My next video will be me trying to take my new wheelchair out in the nice spring weather for fun. The University of Missouri MS Institute and RAMS student group helped fund the chair.

This video made me cry - I like it but to see myself walking with that MS walk and to know that this thing progresses makes me weep sometimes. My mom once said she still was the same young woman she had always been and then she looks in the mirror. I felt a little like that about seeing myself in pictures and on video. BUT it also inspires me to lose some more pounds (I've lost 85 and kept it off 10 years) and do more yoga and other good things for myself and also other people. So that's a little about me formally. I'll catch you on these forums!

The URL is in my Profile

Per the rules, the URL was removed from my post so I put it in my profile as one of my favorite URLS if you'd like to see it. It isn't exactly my "home page" so I listed it there. It's a good way to get to see how I am trying to cope with MS.

Comment

Working...
    X