She's back!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

She's back!

I've been here before, lost my way, and found my way back again! LOL!

My name is Erin. I was dx 10/2005 at Barrows Neurological in Phoenix where I used to live & where my heart will always be. I am now a single mother living in St. Louis under the amazing care of Dr. Naismith at the John L Trotter MS Clinic at Barnes.

I've tried Avonex, Rebif, Copaxone, and am getting ready to begin Tysabri later this month. Frankly, it scares me even though I have tested negative for the JC Virus. I've done the homework. I've been a responsible patient and read the research. I know the risks are reasonably minimal as a logical conclusion, but emotionally, I just can't get past the PML issues.

So I've returned here to MS World to ground myself mentally amongst those who not only understand, but who will help (try to) keep me sane. LOL!
    Erin
    Dx RRMS 10/05
    DMD: Avonex 01/09, Rebif 02/11, Copaxone 04/12, Tysabri 01/13
    Other RX: Gabapentin, Baclofen

Well, welcome back then! I am on Tysabri. Just had my 7th infusion. I am JCV- too. I really like it. I was also on Copaxone, failed it after 7 years. Was then on Rebif, but it gave me bone marrow failure, so all of the other interferons were out. I love the Ty! It is kind of like getting a little steroid burst every month. I hear that goes away (the Ty high) at some point, but for now I am enjoying it. I feel really good. I only had one little relapse after infusion #3. But before that I was having relapses every three months so I am loving this.

I was worried about PML at first but since I am JCV-, essentially no worries. I think you will like it.

Best wishes
    Lisa
    Disabled RN with MS for 14 years
    SPMS EDSS 7.5 Wheelchair (but a racing one)
    Tysabri

Comment

Welcome back

I tend to be an intermittent visitor here and at Sparkpeople. I feel bad joining groups and then just la-dee-da going about my life offline. Then I pop up again so I completely understand! It's good to know the site is here for us.

Comment

Working...
      X