saildawg69

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

saildawg69

Im in the Tomah Wi. va hospital working on my ptsd from the gulf war. Also been officially diagnosed with MS in august 2012. Im learning alot about the disease and am trying hard to adjust to a different lifestyle. Im not as active like I use to be. I still workout on an exercise machine that works my legs and arms to help keep in shape. I can no longer run so i have do something to keep myself going. Im really trying to accept this awful disease. Imsingle as ive been through 2 divorces and have a dog black lab named axel. I also have one son who is 18 years old. HI everyone and hope all the best wishes for the 2013 year. your Friend Art

Just wanted to say hello and welcome Art. I use a treadmill to keep my muscles working which allows me to hold on since I have no balance and it has a kill switch like a sea doo so if my legs give out it stops the machine for me.
    I actually have been to Tomah a few times on our trips to the Dells and to Marshfield. Very beautiful area.
    Once again welcome and feel free to ask us all your questions. You will find a vast amount of wealth here and a lot of good people. Be Well.

Peace
    Tortis

Comment

Hi Art, I'm so sorry that you have to go through this on top of PTSD. Thanks for introducing yourself, and your Black Lab too. I'm sure you will find comfort, support and wisdom here, so welcome!
      Jen
      RRMS 2005, Copaxone since 2007
      "I hope to be the person my dog thinks I am."

Comment

Hi Art and welcome to the board. Lots of good people here to share with. I'm feeling guilty now for not exersizing as much as I should. need to set up a routine that is w/c compatible. Dale
        Dale in NC, dx'ed 2000, now SPMS

Comment

yooper here also

Im from Calumet But grew in Wakefield nice to meet you Art
          Originally posted by tortis View Post
          Just wanted to say hello and welcome Art. I use a treadmill to keep my muscles working which allows me to hold on since I have no balance and it has a kill switch like a sea doo so if my legs give out it stops the machine for me.
          I actually have been to Tomah a few times on our trips to the Dells and to Marshfield. Very beautiful area.
          Once again welcome and feel free to ask us all your questions. You will find a vast amount of wealth here and a lot of good people. Be Well.

Peace
          Tortis

Comment

Always great to hear from another YOOPER. Hope all is well with you.
            For all the other people on MSWORLD, YOOPERS are people from the Upper Peninsula of Michigan which is above Wisconsin and it borders Lake Superior to the north and Lake Michigan and Wisconsin to the south.
            PEACE
            Tortis

Comment

sorryfor the news

ello there just wanted to say hello and hope you feel better
              live and laugh in love cuz love is forever

Comment

Working...
              X