Hello All - Keeping the Faith

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello All - Keeping the Faith

I was diagnosed with MS about (2) years ago.. have been in denial. I was 50 when I was diagnosed..I still cannot believe it.

I am not on any type DMD meds for MS. I have been doing pretty good except for tight, tensed muscles. Not sure if this is all from MS. About (5) years ago.. I went through a very stressful financial period... thanks to hubby house almost went into foreclosure and a few other things occurred. I am on a low dose ativan to help with muscle tension/tightness. I tried Baclofen.. don't like that too well.

My body has not been in a relaxed mode in such a long time. Also not sure if hormones are playing a part.. have a friend that is going through menopause and she complains of tight muscles as well..she do not have MS.

Long story short... my husband is not that support..hes the "suck it up" type of guy. I shared with him that I am not sure how long I can continue to work because my leg bothers me a lot sitting all day..I work at a computer. He told me, you have no choice. Not, lets try to figure things out.. but "you have no choice... that really hurt me.

During this time of my life, I really need loving support. I do know that God loves and cares for me...however, that human love and caring is an added touch. But I can say, I do have a special supportive special friend.. I thank God for this person.

I am keeping the faith and I know things will work out in my favor.

Ms. Jay

rest is good

You know your body better than anyone. Even your husband. With MS there is no way that anyone can tell you to keep going. Dont be afraid to take a rest or a nap. It doesnt mean that your LAZY you just need to rest some to gain energy for other tasks. I do what i can each day. Fatigue is nothing to be ashamed of. Over working the body will cause flare ups so be careful. Your friend Art

Comment

Hi 2B!

I'm sorry to hear that your husband is not that supportive. I know how frustrating it can be, since most of us appear to be perfectly normal, it's hard to describe what we go through.

I know it's hard to hear that you don't have a choice about working...I feel also that it's hard to keep going so I understand how you may be feeling. Are there any accomodations that you can make so that it would be easier to get through the day? Since you sit at a computer all day, I don't think standing is an issue, but I know from experience that sitting for long periods also causes alot of pain. Maybe you could schedule times to move around, stretch etc.

I hope you get some resolution. Is there a way you can have an open conversation with your hubby? Please keep us updated...I wish you the best!
      Do you need or enjoy fear, worries and restlessness? If you don't, then why do you keep inviting them into your mind?

Comment

Originally posted by saildawg69 View Post
        You know your body better than anyone. Even your husband. With MS there is no way that anyone can tell you to keep going. Dont be afraid to take a rest or a nap. It doesnt mean that your LAZY you just need to rest some to gain energy for other tasks. I do what i can each day. Fatigue is nothing to be ashamed of. Over working the body will cause flare ups so be careful. Your friend Art
        Thanks for responding Art.. very much appreciated. I get plenty of rest on the weekend. I don't have fatigue..just tight muscles from being so tensed up all the time.

Sitting at a computer all day does not help. I try to get up and walk around a little.. but its not easy as to the type of job I do. But I do take breaks from time to time.

I am going to give Baclofen another try. My Neuro gave me a script for 10 mg - 1/2 pill 2x a day.. I had (5) refills but of course the script expired. I will call today for another one.

I just hate taking another med that I will have to wean off. The longest I have taken it is 3 days. But I may try it again...anything to help loosen these tight muscles. Ativan helps just a little...not much.

Comment

If you can do it, stay working. That may become impossible. I know what you mean about not getting the support you need. I was also about 50 when diagnosed.
          My job was very physical and required manual dexterity that I couldn't use. I asked for an easier, less time sensitive position and was told to get on 'disability'.
          I suggest you ask your doctor for a vitamin D, B-12 and all other blood level tests. Get your numbers and don't believe the doctor when he says "they're OK". He may be correct but you should know your numbers. Some doctors think that vitamin D levels of 30 ng/mL are 'OK'. That level is low. Your level should be above 50 ng/mL.
          This disease plays havoc with the levels of hormones and other things. Do you get enough sleep? Do you know if you have sleep apnea? There are so many pieces to the MS puzzle. Good luck

Comment

Working...
          X