Inversion Therapy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Inversion Therapy?

People of all walks of life, besides us MSers, swear by these boards that you hang upside-down (like a bat) for back pain. Does anyone on this Board have any experience with these things? I understand that even if you don't suffer from back ailments, hanging upside-down gives the human body some relief from gravitational force and he havoc it does on our spinal columns.
    Tawanda

A good friend of mine swears by his unit. He has a compressed disc in his back and refuses to do surgery. He believes that the unit works to keep him out of a wheelchair.

Comment

I know that even if you don't experience from back conditions, clinging upside-down gives one's body system some comfort from gravitational power and he chaos it does on our backbone content.

Comment

I'm not a fan of having my head below my body or anything else that might disrupt my already poor sense of equilibrium. I don't do yoga for that reason. Its just too difficult for me to "right myself" after and I can't stand feeling dizzy or unsteady. In a weird way I'm afraid it won't go away or something.

Let us know how it goes if you try it!
        He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
        Anonymous

Comment

Hi Tawanda,

As part of my core exercises I use an adjustable bench at the gym.

Bench adjust to maybe a 60 degree angle, hanging with knees bent over end of bench, hands toward opposite shoulders (w/wo. a plate) for sit-ups.

Excellent for the entire torso area and certainly the back (I have no back problems so maybe clearance from your doctor would be in order).

My neuro said any exercise improves endurance and core training is high on the list.

Jer

Ps— I've tried the inversion table also without problem, but just hanging around...? This is passive relief of pain at an expense of $150 to buy the thing.

That's many months membership @ a gym with lots of equipment to be active and build up back muscles (the way to relieve pain).

Comment

Working...
          X