Recently diagnosed with MS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recently diagnosed with MS

I was diagnosed with MS in April of this year. I just turned 50 this month and have been taking the Avonex pen since June. I have one cat and had a black lab until he became ill in October. I am dealing with my illness with good spirits. I become fearful at times but there are so many advancements medications for MS it fuels my optimism.

Hi LD and welcome to MSWorld!! We glad you found us. I got my dx when I was 50 yrs old too. In fact, it was a within the same week and I had to cancel I great party that I had planned....I hope the Avonex helps you keep things in check - I stayed on it for 6 years.

We have a wonderful community here and hope you make some good friends. Come back often and stay well.
    1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
    Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Welcome to the board. Post as often as you like. I was also dx'd when I was 50 and 3 months or so. Ain't had much fun since. Good luck

Comment

WOW... I think I was 50 as well. Just turned 53 this past November. My biggest challenge.. tight/stiff muscles. Still work F/T which takes it toll..

Ms. Jay

Comment

Thanks. Jordan

Hang in there. Stay optimistic. Enjoy your family.
          Thanks for your Uplifting Posting.
          We both have much to be Happy for.
          J

Originally posted by LD View Post
          I was diagnosed with MS in April of this year. I just turned 50 this month and have been taking the Avonex pen since June. I have one cat and had a black lab until he became ill in October. I am dealing with my illness with good spirits. I become fearful at times but there are so many advancements medications for MS it fuels my optimism.

Comment

very good attitude...

VG attitude.
            I took my 15th shot Avonex Pen last night...with No Chills
            flu symptoms / side effects. Maybe my body is hopefully accepting Anonex now.
            Jordan

Originally posted by LD View Post

Comment

Working...
            X