Hi Everyone! = >

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Everyone! = >

Hello everyone! I was diagnosed with MS in December of 2010 and am new to this site. I was in denial about my diagnosis for a while, but feel like I am finally coming to terms with what I am facing! I am so glad that I found this website because it is sometimes hard to talk to friends and family about things that are going on with me because they don't fully understand like other people going through the same would. I was taking Copaxone for a year, but after about 8 months I started having reactions to it, so am now switching to Avonex. I am hesitant about the Avonex, but I will do whatever is needed so that I can continue living a happy, healthy life! Thanks to everyone posting everything that they do! This site has been a life saver to me for sure!

Amanda Kaestner
    Littleton, CO
    Staying positive!

Welcome Amanda!!! (I changed your font size as many of us have vision problems)

Ah yes, denial~ we have been through that and altho it has its place in the scheme of things, it's good to hear that you are coming to terms. Sounds like you have a great attitude - it will serve you well!

Let's hope your course of MS is an easy one and hope that Avonex works well for you. I was on it for 6 years although I had to stop it after becoming depressed. Keep an eye out for that one as it is a side affect for some.

Come back to visit us and never be shy about asking questions!
    1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
    Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Thanks!

Thanks for the advice! I have been taking prozac for the last year to help with anxiety, so I hope that won't be a problem! I have been putting off starting the avonex, but I gotta keep moving forward!! I just figure I am going to have this disease the rest of my life, so I may as well make the best of what I've got! Happy New Year!
      Staying positive!

Comment

A, from Jordan

A,
        Hang in there.
        So far so good with Avonex Pen (13th shot so far)...
        A few chills but I am here, still walking, with my children's support & 2 new granddaughters.
        Jordan
        (My info is on the MS Site)...
        Looking for Love again after a 38 year marriage.

Originally posted by AKaestner View Post
        Hello everyone! I was diagnosed with MS in December of 2010 and am new to this site. I was in denial about my diagnosis for a while, but feel like I am finally coming to terms with what I am facing! I am so glad that I found this website because it is sometimes hard to talk to friends and family about things that are going on with me because they don't fully understand like other people going through the same would. I was taking Copaxone for a year, but after about 8 months I started having reactions to it, so am now switching to Avonex. I am hesitant about the Avonex, but I will do whatever is needed so that I can continue living a happy, healthy life! Thanks to everyone posting everything that they do! This site has been a life saver to me for sure!

Amanda Kaestner
        Littleton, CO

Comment

I understand what you mean about the denial,i went through that myself.
          I have been on avonex for about nine months now and honestly it is not that bad. even the side effects are not as bad now as they were when i first started the injections.
          i really hope avonex works out for you and good luck

Comment

Working...
          X