MS has made me a better person

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MS has made me a better person

I truly believe that ms has made me a better person. I pay more attention to my family (because I'm scared that one day I will notbe able to), I pay more attention to my students (because I fear that one day I will not be able to), I really try to focus on the positive in any situation (some days that's harder than other)..............

My list goes on and on.....

I am happy for you. I wish I could adopt your attitude. I am more anxious and bitter instead of better. Your post has had an impact on me, though. I appreciate your comments and they have got me thinking that I should work to get a bit more positive. Good luck

Comment

As a professional caregiver, M.S. made me learn how to take care of my needs first. A difficult thing to do. However, I have culled the 'undesireables' out of my life.

I'd much rather be here, with moolk and jerry, instead of 'taxing' myself, listening to others problems, etc. That was a tough tool to learn how to use.

It feels, pretty awesome, too! Because, the new people in my life, are so positive and full of spirit. Up

Comment

I love your attitude moolk! MS has made me a better person, although I think I've always been a good person.

There are so many things to be sad and angry about in this world, that MS doesn't need to be another.

That doesn't mean I "enjoy" all of the symptoms, but I take each day at a time, doing what I can and not complaining on what I can't.

I truly believe that God wants us to be the "best" person we can, and our time on this earth is to gain experience to mold us into that "best" person.
        Brenda
        Adversity gives you two choices in life: either let it make you bitter, or let it make you better! I choose the latter.

Comment

I hope to be where you are one day. It's so easy to let the anger and frustration take over, but I think it is much more helpful to approach life with a good attitude and to keep on going. Every time I try though, it seems like something else happens. I do admit though, it really does help you see what is most important in life.
          Diagnosed 1/4/13
          Avonex 1/25/13-11/14, Gilenya 1/22/15

Comment

A better caring person

But don't live your life in fear. Enjoy every moment you have on this earth. Don't let the what ifs ruin your day.

Keep those you love close. In the end they are all that matter.

Comment

Me too, agree. I think people are split on this issue, but if you tend to fall on the positive side, run with it. Read books of famous people who overcame great difficulties. Consider FDR or Lance Armstrong.

Comment

true story

i my self was a crazy kid some of i belive was from ms (even thou i wasent diegnnosedas a kid) but it made me a better person as i got older and my symtomes got worese as a kid i hated the world even tryed to kill my sisters and my self but as i got older and my symtome got worse i stared to see how short life was and how much i dident hate it in fact i love this world so much even with all the bad that has happened my mom and my sis also have ms and we change the harts of pepole in our life all the time do to our strugle and for that im even more happy i had a chance to live this life even with ms
                live and laugh in love cuz love is forever

Comment

hi

Since being diagnosed i have more empathy with other people. Once you have ms you just have to get on with it. Its hard sometimes though. Give out but don't give up.

Comment

I have gained more than I lost.

M.
                    I am new to MS.
                    Keep it up.
                    I am here for my children and my 2 granddaughters.
                    (all beautiful)
                    I have lost much, but I have gained more than I have lost.
                    I am very grateful.

Jordan

Originally posted by moolk View Post
                    I truly believe that ms has made me a better person. I pay more attention to my family (because I'm scared that one day I will notbe able to), I pay more attention to my students (because I fear that one day I will not be able to), I really try to focus on the positive in any situation (some days that's harder than other)..............

My list goes on and on.....

Comment

I agree...finally!

I finally made it to the same place you are. I still feel frustrated on occasion, but not angry, scared or bitter anymore. I have to remind myself to focus on what I HAVE, instead of what I don't have! Big step for me that was a game changer. I have lost family & friends to plane crashes (4 last year), cancer, doctor screw-ups/misdiagnoses', even murder. I realized it can ALWAYS be worse, so I'll take this and be thankful for it. There was a time when I would have felt cynical about being "thankful" but I've learned everyone has their cross to bear, and this is mine, and at least I'm here (And also finally happy to be here). Losing my BIL & niece & 2 little nephews last year (all kids under 9 yrs old) has given me a new perspective and I try to focus outward rather than inward. Brenda from ID Falls, I recognize the source of your quote and am on the same page!
                      Crystal

Success is a journey, not a destination

Comment

I'm not thankful for anything about this, but I do understand that I could have much worse issues.
                        I am realistic that it is what it is, and we deal with it.

I get frustrated at what I can't do any longer, and my bad balance and co-ordination. There is no reason to be angry or bitter.

I'm not negative, but I spend most of my time sitting at work, then on the couch at home.
                        Travel is over, but I had some great vacations over 30 years.
                        You just deal with the hand dealt to you....sometimes unfairly.

Comment

Moolk,

I now pay MUCH more attention to the little things in life. A soft rain, a quiet snow fall, birds flying, leafs falling. So much in life was lost, when I was trying to do all the things I THOUGHT were most important. I find I have much more tenderness to extend to people, and I hope that it is such, that it keeps "giving".
                          Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly.

Comment

Thankful...

...no - bitter, down deep probably. As far as possible I take my life as it is... and it is a life significantly impacted by multiple sclerosis. For a time I tried to solve the big question of "why did I get ms". That's wasted energy on a riddle that learned researchers haven't solved.

In the beginning I was scared more than anything else. As I have aged there have been days when I let anger creep into my thinking. And then I go back to square one...LIFE IS WHAT IT IS....WITH OR WITHOUT MS.

Maxx

Comment

More Uplifting Posts would be nice (& helpful to all)

Moolk
                              I have gained more than I have lost.
                              I am pushing through my struggles with MS.
                              I am still walking, eating, and I have the capacity to Love Again.
                              I have my loving children and 2 beautiful grandchildren that I also adore.
                              Anything else Good that will enter my life now, will be a Blessing and a Bonus Gift.
                              Thanks for your Posting.
                              We need MORE Uplifting Posts on Our Site.
                              Jordan

I now pay MUCH more attention to the little things in life. A soft rain, a quiet snow fall, birds flying, leafs falling. So much in life was lost, when I was trying to do all the things I THOUGHT were most important. I find I have much more tenderness to extend to people, and I hope that it is such, that it keeps "giving".[/QUOTE]

Comment

Working...
                              X