extreme bladder spasms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

extreme bladder spasms

I need some advice on prevention and treatment of extreme bladder spasms with incontinence. I have an S–P catheter which seems to be draining fine. I had a urinalysis that showed no infection. Still, the spasms continue. I would be grateful for any ideas you might have. Thank you!

Have you tried using a medication such as Baclofen, which helps with spasms?
    Diagnosed 1984
    “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

bladder spasms

I had these continuously about a year ago so I know what a problem it is. I started on ditropan but no help, switched to vesicare and that pretty much solved the problem, still take it regularly. Dale
      Dale in NC, dx'ed 2000, now SPMS

Comment

medications

Thank you both for your information. We did try increasing my baclofen but it did not help. I have tried ditropan & vesicare with no help there either. I do take hyoscyamine which usually helps but in this case it is not enough. My neurologist gave me a short course of prednisone to see if that will help. My urologist's office has been unhelpful and I made an appointment to see a new one.
        Thanks again for your replies. Be well.

Comment

I am suffering from the same! I found that pyridium helped short term but it was like my body figured me out within 24 hours or so and the spasms started again. Plus it makes the urine BRIGHT orange. Not a good scene when everything is leaking! I tried Toviaz and that worked pretty well but my insurance wont pay for it so I am switching to oxibutinin. Not sure what the name brand equivalent of that is.

Comment

could help

My doctor gave me Oxybutynin for my bladder spasms
            15 mg 2 times a day.Have taken this for over 5 years.

Comment

Botox for Bladder spasms

I have been on oxbutynin for years to help with bladder control. I take 10mg extended release 2x/day and still have urgencies. My neuro has recommended me to consider botox injections for the bladder. I am considering it. She said she has other patients that have had success. Is there anyone else that has any experience with this?

Comment

bladder spasms

I've been taking pyridium for spasms and leaking for close
                to 3 months and it worked wonders for me. I had my first Botox treatment for those same problems and am almost weaned off pyridium now.
                Good luck!

Comment

I was seeing a urologist and mentioned bladder spasms to which he replied that the bladder does not spasm because it is not a muscle. All he wanted to do was talk about my bowels and how constipated I am and that is making my bladder not empty well . He prescribed medicine for bladder frequency but I haven't needed much ... since I have been less constipated so he was right about that but NO such thing as bladder spasms? I don't agree with that
                  MS - diagnosed 2/05/2013

Comment

Working...
                  X