Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Joint Pain with Rebif

Hi Everyone,

I have been on Rebif for 7 weeks now. I am on a dose of 33mcg's per my doctors okay. This is not my first DMD.

I have noticed that ever since I have been on Rebif that I have been experiencing pain in my joints but only on my left side, which is my effected side.

Sometimes the pain is so great that I end up walking with a limp. And yesterday while I was walking with my dog, at a normal pace, I yelled out loud because it felt like I get jabbed with something and it was very painful.

I don't know if this is a common side effect with Rebif. I am curious if anyone else has expereinced something similiar. In the meantime I am going to call one of the Rebif nurses and my doctor is aware of the pain as I called to let her know when it first started.

I appreciate any and all feedback.

Thank you.

Rebif side effects

I have been on Rebif since my RRMS diagnosis 6 years ago. My most recent MRI was last week and there are no new lesions. In fact, I have not had any new lesions since I was diagnosed. My neurologist and I call that a definite success.
    I titrated up with the medication as everyone does. I started out with 8mcg and went on to 22mcg. I then went to 44mcg syringes. How do you come up with a 33mcg dosage?

Of course I can only speak for myself, but I have had minimal side effects. I still occasionally get mild flu-like symptoms such as "the chills" but that is gone in a matter of hours. There are some minor injection site reactions but that is about it. Joint pain is not a common reaction. You are absolutely doing the right thing by consulting with the Rebif nurse and your prescribing doctor. It could be that Rebif is not suitable for you.

Good luck. Let us know how it goes.

Comment

I was on Rebif the minute it came to our market... My muscles seemed to ache...sometimes joints ached... But I have been off of Rebif for 7 weeks and guess what? Same exact symptoms. I am on Techfedera now and the aches and pains are still there. So I'm thinking it didn't have anything to do with Rebif at all. I was told by a Neuro in "MY" Neuro's office that she thought I had Fibro along with the MS. I was hoping to get away from those symptoms after being off of Rebif. Sigh

Comment

Working...
      X