Spasticy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spasticy

I have CP. Do people with MS have spasticity? What kind of med do they use to reduce it? Thanks!

MS and spasticy

That was my first symptom of MS. At first mild spasticy and then over time it got really bad. The neuro put me on a muscle relaxant. It really helps but doesn't take it away entirely.

Comment

Originally posted by Markswife View Post
      I have CP. Do people with MS have spasticity? What kind of med do they use to reduce it? Thanks!
      The two main anti-spasticity meds are Baclofen and Zanaflex.

If your spasticity becomes severe, they can implant a baclofen pump to administer the med straight to your spinal cord. A nurse at my physiatrist's office has a daughter with CP, she uses a pump.

Ask your physician about anti-spasticity meds they do offer a lot of relief (main side effect is they can make you drowsy.)

Comment

hi

Baclofen is a good med for easing out spasticity. Also, physical therapy is the most safest and effective option in terms of treatment. Have you tried consulting a neuro or MS health professional?
        Andrea.G.Wolford

Comment

spasticity

F
          I have been taking Baclofen for 3 1/2 months now.
          It has made a huge positive difference for me regarding my mobility and most recent recovery from a huge exacerbation.

I am still thoughtful about every movement that I make before doing the movement.

Comment

I'm living in a very stressful situation right now so my spasticity is HORRIBLE!!! I have been taking soma for years at night and in the morning but really needed something during the day. My dr. started me n Baclophen and I've acually found it to give me tremendous relief at night! I still am having bad spasms during the day.

At my pain dr.s appt. today, I told him what was going on [abusive marriage] and informed him that I was having my husband served w/a restraining order next week and I know that its putting a huge strain on my body. When I told him about the spasms he asked me if I would like him to up my Soma dosage to 3x a day instead of 2. I was really surprised because I am actually the only patient thats is allowed to be prescribed soma in this practice [it has offices in different cities] because of its misuse but my dr. went to bat for me, telling the board that he fully believes that I am benefiting from it and do not abuse it. That really made me feel good!
            "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me"

Dx 2004, Copx, Rebif, Ty Beta- I'm done!!

Comment

Working...
            X