First UTI....help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First UTI....help!

I believe I'm dealing with my first UTI since I started catching. Tell me something, I haven't cathed for 2 days because of it....should I be a thing with a uti?

UTIs

I think you should make very sure the cath is very clean if not sterile. Clean yourself very thoroughly with soap and water.
    If you can have someone buy you some cranberry juice. This will help you to not get UTIs in the future.
    I am not a nurse maybe cycle22 will answer too.
    Then when you are sure everything is clean 'down there' go ahead and cath.
    Holding your urine can be very bad for you too.
    Gomer can tell you about that.
    Be sure you keep everything very clean.
    My sympathies. I have never had a UTI but the people I've seen with one looked like they were in a lot of pain.
    techie
    Another pirated saying:
    Half of life is if.
    When today is bad, tomorrow is generally a better day.
    Dogs Rule!

Comment

Hi azgraves,

What you should do is call your Primary Care Physician first thing tomorrow and have your urine checked ASAP and if you do have a UTI your PCP will put you on antibiotics.

I do not and have never self-cathed so I do not have any advice on the self-cathing. Best wishes.
      Diagnosed 1984
      “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

techie, wrote:
        "Holding your urine can be very bad for you too.
        Gomer can tell you about that."

No Question, Per NIH 100ml pr more PVR in an adult can lead to kidney damage. Damage may not happen over night, but over time retention could take its toll.

For me this summer had been quite a ride with kidney function decline, retention problems from a stricture, to surgery and now the whole issue has flip flopped and its a continence problem, and from intermittent self cath to condom caths. Hopefully the latter will get better over time, maybe??

Do not take chances with possible infections, as said before, get to your doctor soon.

Gomer Sir Falls-a-lot

Comment

Working...
        X