Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got the diaritas

Lol thats how my son use to say diahrea it was the diaritas

But I've gotten to the point I have to take immodium ad everyday in order to only poop once or twice a day. Without it I'm on the toilet all day long.My dr's say it's side affects of my meds, Do any of you have this problem? If so have you found any way of dealing with it without pills?

Only more lower body exercise and maybe prunes.
    techie
    Another pirated saying:
    Half of life is if.
    When today is bad, tomorrow is generally a better day.
    Dogs Rule!

Comment

Unprocessed bran. 2 tablespoons on cereal. It's not real pleasant. However, it will stabilize your output.
      I've had IBS for years and its what the doc recommended.

Comment

is there any chance of changing or stopping meds that are causing this? does adjusting the times of day you are taking them help? maybe talk to an accupuncturist and/or nutritionist to see if they can help? shrugging his shoulders and blaming the meds doesn't seem like a good enough answer to me from the doctor.

having output like that can mess with your electrolytes over time. i would keep pushing for a workable solution from the doc/other health professionals. explain to him the, ahem, magnitude of the problem and how it affects your life, and what your concerns are for your health because of it. sometimes the docs need a bit of a reality check.
        dx: RRMS 9/8/11 copaxone 12/5/11

Comment

Not alone...

I have a prescription for loperamide (Immodium) cuz I get the "diaritas" (that was cute) It helps some, like I won't go for a few days (up to 5 usually 3) then the first one is normal then comes more each looser than the one before. I think I'm done then a few minutes after getting up I have the 'accident'. It's embarrassing and no fun to clean. I don't know what i'd do without the immodium giving me a little break. It's probably not good the way I take it but it helps. Anyway, hang in there, you are not alone!
          RIP Jenna's Beloved Momma
          Best MS Support System Ever
          7/42 - 12/12

Comment

I get anal leakage 💁

Prior to my diagnosis I was told it was everything from drinking too much water to some of the unnecessary medications I was taking. After my dx my neuro took me off a ton of meds but I still had anal leakage. Some mornings I would wake up in a puddle of poo ... Can you say groooos! My neuro prescribed the most lovely little white pill Diphenoxylaye-Atrop (if you can pronounce that I'll give you a dollar) I take one and I'm good to go. Normal BM's for days. In fact it's been months since my last attack. But I'd hit anyone with a stick if they tried to take that bottle out of my pill drawer. (Believe it or not "anal leakage" was started by my daughter when she was about 3)

Comment

Working...
            X