Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Library is Barren for Information

Hi,

I'm a limbo lander and I've been reading on nutrition here so I went to the library and they didn't have the MS diet and lifestyle books recommended here, nor did they have any book on B12.

Swank's book was ordered for me from across the province (oi yoy yoy) but I may order it along with other books online or onto my e-reader instead. The wait is apparently a long one with the library.

I did however find John McDougall's book The Starch Solution. So I will start with that.

After reading up I'll figure out a menu plan for myself. I did do a special diet with a naturopath a few years ago and I can't say whether or not it really helped but I'm willing to give another lifestyle change a go as it certainly can't hurt!

Although I can remember how I ate before under the NDs direction I want to see what the other doctors have to say in their literature to see if I want to do anything else differently as well.

Take care,
    swingingwillow
    Take care,
    swingingwillow
    Limbo lander on hold with a fast busy signal...

If you're already heading in the Swank - McDougall direction, why not get the synthesis of the two philosophies with focus on MS?

Get this from your library:
    http://www.amazon.com/Overcoming-Mul...iple+sclerosis

The man who wrote it has MS for over 12 years now. His mom had it also.

Good Luck!

Comment

Originally posted by BigA View Post
      If you're already heading in the Swank - McDougall direction, why not get the synthesis of the two philosophies with focus on MS?

Get this from your library:
      http://www.amazon.com/Overcoming-Mul...iple+sclerosis

The man who wrote it has MS for over 12 years now. His mom had it also.

Good Luck!
      Thanks BigA,

That's one of the books that I was looking for. I'm going to have to purchase it.

I didn't know that this one includes both Swank and McDougall ideas so that would be a great one to get absolutely.

Take care,
      swingingwillow
      Take care,
      swingingwillow

Comment

I put in a request for a Kindle version

I put in a request for a Kindle version. I hope it comes out with one. Then I can change the font size. If it is good enough, maybe hubby will order one to cook from if there are recipes.
        techie
        Another pirated saying:
        Half of life is if.
        When today is bad, tomorrow is generally a better day.
        Dogs Rule!

Comment

Originally posted by swingingwillow View Post
          Thanks BigA,

That's one of the books that I was looking for. I'm going to have to purchase it.

I didn't know that this one includes both Swank and McDougall ideas so that would be a great one to get absolutely.

Take care,
          swingingwillow
          I believe it's based on Swank's work and "The China Study", which is almost the same as McDougall. They all end up being similar at that "forks and knives" level. in OMS, you can eat seafood as well as with the other foods.

Comment

Originally posted by BigA View Post
            I believe it's based on Swank's work and "The China Study", which is almost the same as McDougall. They all end up being similar at that "forks and knives" level. in OMS, you can eat seafood as well as with the other foods.
            I can do seafood. lol.

I read the China Study a long time ago so don't recall a great deal.

Thanks again.
            swingingwillow
            Take care,
            swingingwillow

Comment

Working...
            X